X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheRaven_au
    • Jan 2015
    • Diamond Creek

I had to have this done on my Challenger.

Now I have a Pajero I will get in touch with dealer to check if the new car needs it too.

Comment

• boostboost
      • Jul 2016
      • Sydney

Got the letter today. Takata airbag fault. They are replacing it with a non Takata brand. Strange that Mitsu is replacing it with a non Takata unit.

my Paj is MY16.

Comment

• vladguan
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by boostboost View Post
        Got the letter today. Takata airbag fault. They are replacing it with a non Takata brand. Strange that Mitsu is replacing it with a non Takata unit.

my Paj is MY16.
        Got mine done on Tuesday with a non Takata unit. I am guessing Takata cannot make them quickly enough so they are sourcing them from a multitude of companies to reduce the risk.
        Please call me Vlad.
        -----------------------
        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• boostboost
          • Jul 2016
          • Sydney

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tommie
            • Aug 2014
            • Urraween

Got mine yesterday

Comment

• Dreamweaver
              • Aug 2015
              • Albany Creek Qld

Air bag inflator replacement

Got mine done last Monday. After what has appeared in the news papers and on the Ch 7 news on Monday 24/7/17 not happy Jan!!! Been told that the faulty one has been replaced by another one from the same Takata company. Who's to say the new one is not as faulty as the old one. The replaced version was said to have been "tested" and deemed to be "ok". How do you test it without setting it off??

I was told to take it up with Mitsubishi Aust. Seem like the dealers are washing their hands of it. Potential for laws suits if somebody (me!!) is killed or injured by a "replaced air bag inflator is huge.

Comment

• Boo Boo
                • Aug 2012
                • Kilsyth

Booked my NS in today for the passenger airbag recall and the earliest I could get it in was the 17th of November
                2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• Phree_ed
                  • Apr 2016
                  • Moreton Bay area

Originally posted by Dreamweaver View Post
                  Got mine done last Monday. After what has appeared in the news papers and on the Ch 7 news on Monday 24/7/17 not happy Jan!!! Been told that the faulty one has been replaced by another one from the same Takata company. Who's to say the new one is not as faulty as the old one. The replaced version was said to have been "tested" and deemed to be "ok". How do you test it without setting it off??

I was told to take it up with Mitsubishi Aust. Seem like the dealers are washing their hands of it. Potential for laws suits if somebody (me!!) is killed or injured by a "replaced air bag inflator is huge.
                  Where was yours done? I had mine done at Brendale but have yet to find if it's been replaced with a Takata or not.
                  I've contacted Mitsubishi via their website but doubt I'll get an answer. A phone call only reached someone who knew nothing about anything, complete waste of time.
                  Contacted Nundah Mitsubishi (Norris Group) and was told by the foreman they just get the parts in a package with a part number and they wouldn't know what manufacturer it was.

What really gets my goat is that as I commented way back in this thread my Pajero was manufactured long after Takata airbags started being recalled so why was one even fitted except that Mitsubishi wanted cars built and sold no matter what.

If you have a look at the following link you'll see that Mitsubishi continued fitting suspect airbags to Pajeros for a minimum of 2 years longer than any other manufacturer except Volvo trucks. That's surely culpable.

Check if your motor vehicle is recalled to replace faulty Takata airbags. Most of them have been accounted for, but there are still some in circulation.

Comment

• HarryStottle
                    • Dec 2011
                    • Yalata SA

New recall, steering fault??

Just read a news report that just over 6000 2017/18 NX Pajeros are being recalled due to a lower control arm fault that can give way leaving the steering affected. NX owners should hit the Mitsi website and enter their VINs to check.
                    2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor, Ultragauge, Munji ERG Delete Module, MM LockUp Mate.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

Didn't someone on this forum have an issue with a lower control arm probably in the last 12 months. Mits was very keen to rectify the fault and get the part from memory?
                      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                        Didn't someone on this forum have an issue with a lower control arm probably in the last 12 months. Mits was very keen to rectify the fault and get the part from memory?
                        yes. See:

and here:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Sydney

Ah yeap, thanks 'Caver. I even replied to one of them it appears.

edit: In fact I've just found that thread in the list of subscribed threads with new posts. Seems I've opened my fat mouth prematurely.
                          Last edited by Pajshomoneroguntero; 25-10-19, 03:06 PM.
                          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                            In fact I've just found that thread in the list of subscribed threads with new posts. Seems I've opened my fat mouth prematurely.

Welcome to the club brother. The only time I open my mouth is to change feet
                            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• jpd
                              • Dec 2019
                              • Central Coast, NSW

Thanks for the heads up on the lower wishbone recal. I just checked my VIN and my last 4 digits are 2543. The VIN affected list ends at 1090 so it seems ticketty boo.

On the Takata scandal my wife's previous drive was a CH Lancer that had the recall done twice because 1st time they replaced the suspect one with another new suspect one - DOH!!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X