• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Likejamal
    • Aug 2020
    • United Arab Emirates

2015 pajero

HELLO
    I hear a really annoying grinding noise coming from the front of my Pajero 2015. This only happens whenever I release the accelerator after cruising, mainly in low speed. When I hit on the brake pedal the grinding noise disappears and simulatainouslyI hear a loud knock.
    Then the thud car become normal. This matter are,not happend all the time, it just now and then (every couple days).
    I took the car to mechanic, he checked evey evey thing, however he find none.
    So, any ideas to help with.
    Thanks
  • Rob Kenning
    • Sep 2014
    • Armidale NSW

It sounds like a CV joint gone bad.
    MY 14 PC Challenger Manual. Bog stock so far.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Likejamal View Post
      HELLO
      I hear a really annoying grinding noise coming from the front of my Pajero 2015. This only happens whenever I release the accelerator after cruising, mainly in low speed. When I hit on the brake pedal the grinding noise disappears and simulatainouslyI hear a loud knock.
      Then the thud car become normal. This matter are,not happend all the time, it just now and then (every couple days).
      I took the car to mechanic, he checked evey evey thing, however he find none.
      So, any ideas to help with.
      Thanks
      Is the car a Pajero Sport/Montero Sport/Challenger or a Gen 4 Pajero/Montero/Shogun?

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Likejamal
        • Aug 2020
        • United Arab Emirates

4 generation

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Does it make the noise when the transfer case is selected in 2wd and 4H/AWD?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Likejamal
            • Aug 2020
            • United Arab Emirates

No ; the transfer is always on 2wd.

The problem arises only on internal roads. It might be caused by the constant pressing and letting go of the gas padel (to maintain the speed limit). It is as if there is a problem between 2nd gear speeds and 1st gear speeds. If I force the speed to reduce by break there is no problem but if I leave the car to reduce speed by itself the problem arises.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X