Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 17-10-17

Default Second hand pajero advice

Hi all,

Im looking at buying a 2014-2015 Pajero and have narrowed it down to a couple that I'm pretty keen on and I'll probably buy this week as going on a trip in early November. Just after some advice on which of the following you would go for and why?
  • January 2014 VRX Model - 60,000km (still needs the service), private seller, towbar and small bullbar (I'll need to upgrade it), roof racks. satnav, full service history, in great nick
  • January 2015 GLX model - 76,000km (just had the 75k service), car dealer, towbar, full bull bar, full service history etc. also in great nick.

Both are a very similar price (roughly $35K). This my first Pajero and keen to take the family around Oz in a couple of years.

Any advice appreciated!!!
Old 17-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianskipworth View Post
Hi all,

Im looking at buying a 2014-2015 Pajero and have narrowed it down to a couple that I'm pretty keen on and I'll probably buy this week as going on a trip in early November. Just after some advice on which of the following you would go for and why?
  • January 2014 VRX Model - 60,000km (still needs the service), private seller, towbar and small bullbar (I'll need to upgrade it), roof racks. satnav, full service history, in great nick
  • January 2015 GLX model - 76,000km (just had the 75k service), car dealer, towbar, full bull bar, full service history etc. also in great nick.

Both are a very similar price (roughly $35K). This my first Pajero and keen to take the family around Oz in a couple of years.

Does the GLX have the rear air cond? If not, this alone would probably sway me if doing long trips in hot areas with kids in the back.
Old 17-10-17
Valued Member

Heres my thoughts if I was in your position.

The 2014 VRX will be a NW model and the 2015 GLX will be a NX model.

Less kms on the older one but it needs a service so more cost to you. Newer one already has bullbar so less cost to you if you want one as you state. Those 2 things alone stack up for buying the 2015 in my eyes............ 15000kms isn't a lot really and wouldn't bother me personally as the other things mentioned above out way it.

Things to consider but depends whats more important to you. For me colour would come into it as well.

Both have rear air.
VRX has auto lights and wipers.
GLX has Android Auto and Apple Car Play
VRX has electric drivers seat and both front heated
Both reverse camera, VRX with reverse sensors.

Below are 2 brochures to look at for each model. Good luck choosing bud.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...EtOhnPBY2Ac9op

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s..._TNZCShK2MWsv8

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 17-10-17

The vrx should also have factory rear locker and auto dimming rear view mirror

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 17-10-17
Valued Member

The NX GLX has rear diff lock and auto dimming mirror as standard also.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
Old 18-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianskipworth View Post
Hi all,

Price wise...from Redbook, it seems that these vehicles are a bit on the high side, regardless of the extras that each vehicle has.
So there is still room to move on price.
In regards to K's travelled, well for a diesel, these are just run in, 60,000kmis low Kms for a diesel.
These vehicles, if auto and diesel, have the same drive train and engine combo..which has been around for about 15 years...spares are relatively easy and moderately priced.
Check the forum threads on "purchase" of spares..
Body fit and finish...rust etc all the stuff you look for on first inspection.
Check the mirrors and see if they are old or new...or a different type than Factory...ie if new, these could have been put on as replacement of the tow mirrors, to make it appealing for a new buyer.
If both vehicles have tow bar...check for wear n' tear around the collar...more wear, than the heavier the van/trailer the Paj was pulling..air bags, etc are another give away..
Why...well, the Paj is a good reliable, well priced tow vehicle and many "Grey Nomads" swear by them.
If you don't believe me, check the caravan parks you visit...
Leave the heart at home...be prepared to walk..there are other Pajero's out there in the marketplace.
The only real problem with the 2014-2016 Pajero...is that they are becoming more popular and bargains will be harder to find.
Pajero's are reasonably priced, economical for a near 2 tonne vehicle...8-10 ltrs per 100km not uncommon, 7 seater, reliable( proven engine drivetrain combo..near bullet proof under normal driving conditions), spacious when compared to the new design of SUV's, 3.2ltr powerful diesel motor..with minimum all the DFP issues....true 4wd with low range..heaps of aftermarket accessories...
Plus you have this well functioning forum to fall back on to get info when needed..
All this for under $35K...
Damn...
I just might go out and get a Pajero too !!!!

Last edited by Peterng; 18-10-17 at 10:09 AM.
Old 18-10-17
Valued Member

Bloody hell........you've giit me hooked mate

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto