Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 14-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
must try one.When i bought the pajero the dealer offered me a challenger to try.Didnt like it ,the ride was terrible compared to the pajero, i drove off from the dealer went about 200 metres ,then used a slip road to do a U turn to go back.
Be really interested in how the space actually is(i am 190 cm tall),and i would like to try the 8 spd auto(really a manual fan) The full chassis is also a plus factor for me because the attachment of "rated hooks" is somewhat easier onto a proper chassis.
Are the hooks front and rear not 'rated' on the PS?
Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
Are the hooks front and rear not 'rated' on the PS?
dont know but our local 4wd drive club insist on the proper attachments of hooks like this

which is a bolt on job on a vehicle with a proper chassis as oppossed to a unibody like the Pajero.It has been a real saga on my pajero .

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 14-10-17

OK, I THOUGHT I'D READ ON HERE THAT THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL, ANYBODY KNOW FOR SURE??? AM IN THE PROCESS OF JOINING LOCAL 4WD CLUB AS WELL AND TOLD THEM THEY WERE.
Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-oz View Post
OK, I THOUGHT I'D READ ON HERE THAT THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL, ANYBODY KNOW FOR SURE??? AM IN THE PROCESS OF JOINING LOCAL 4WD CLUB AS WELL AND TOLD THEM THEY WERE.
each club will be different.

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 14-10-17

I would have to say The suspension handling and ride is atrocious.
Old 14-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl76 View Post
I would have to say The suspension handling and ride is atrocious.
Can't say i agree with you, i think all three are at least adequate if not good for a car of this type. However you only need to read reviews to see major disagreement on this subject and many others for that matter.

Overall i think the PS is a great vehicle, not perfect, better than some and worse than others but as an all round package, great.

Jim
Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
must try one.When i bought the pajero the dealer offered me a challenger to try.Didnt like it ,the ride was terrible compared to the pajero, i drove off from the dealer went about 200 metres ,then used a slip road to do a U turn to go back.
Be really interested in how the space actually is(i am 190 cm tall),and i would like to try the 8 spd auto(really a manual fan) The full chassis is also a plus factor for me because the attachment of "rated hooks" is somewhat easier onto a proper chassis.
if you enjoyed the ride of the Pajero (independent suspension) stick with it, be like chalk and cheese ... as the Pajero Sport is a revamp of the Challenger (similar ride & less room) but a very capable 4wd ...
with a much needed and improved transmission and new euro compliant steam engine (fill that catch can ) ...

Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
if you enjoyed the ride of the Pajero (independent suspension) stick with it, be like chalk and cheese ... as the Pajero Sport is a revamp of the Challenger (similar ride & less room) but a very capable 4wd ...
with a much needed and improved transmission and new euro compliant steam engine (fill that catch can ) ...

we all know our vehicles are a compromise,we have to make our choices .sometimes the choices are complex tradeoffs ,i know the ps is actually a triton in disguise

Old 14-10-17

Looks HORRID I hate them
Old 14-10-17
Valued Member

Quote:
dont know but our local 4wd drive club insist on the proper attachments of hooks like this

which is a bolt on job on a vehicle with a proper chassis as oppossed to a unibody like the Pajero.It has been a real saga on my pajero .
These type of aftermarket hooks bolted onto a modern thin chassis rail of a Triton, Challenger or Pajero Sport will fail as the chassis metal is very thin, factory loops are much stronger but the factory hook will open up if the load is applied to the end of the hook. The Mitsubishi front loops on the Pajero have been test by MMAL engineers (there is even a video on it) and not only did they pass with flying colours the monocoque body of the Pajero did not distort. On any modern 4wd you should use a bridle between the 2 front points to spread the load unless it is a very light pull. A recovery hitch or just using the hitch pin of a HD tow bar is fine on the rear.

Problem is there are too many of the "old guard" that are hanging onto 1970's and 80's ideas in 4wd clubs. You can fit "rated recovery points" but none of these are actually tested on the vehicles they are designed to fit. I have seen more aftermarket points bend and bolts sheer and not a single welded factory loop fail.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.