The timing chain tensioner and the indicator stalk

A dealer will be able to tell you if the recalls have been done

Comment

• Quietguy
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2011
      • Forster, NSW

Originally posted by erad View Post
      Manual or Auto? It depends a lot on where and how you drive. I have a manual NW (I hate autos), and if I was buying another diesel Pajero, I would seriously consider an auto. Reason is that in city traffic, I am constantly changing down the gears. The clutch and gearbox are fine, but the engine is not that flexible. Even slowing down from 100 km/h to 60 (or even worse - 40 in school zones), it shudders away in 5th and i have to drop a gear or sometimes even 2 gears. This is not a major problem for me because of where I live and drive, but in congested areas, not as nice as an auto.

Certainly in sand or snow, an auto would kill a manual transmission car because the power deliivery is so much smoother.

I cannot fathom how anyone could choose a manual Pajero as the automatic can be used as an automatic or manual - for everyday driving I leave my NW in full auto mode, but when towing my van I use it in the manual mode. So by buying the auto its my choice whether I drive auto, or manual.

David

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X