• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Black Series Camper trailer thoughts

I just purchased a Black Series Camper trailer (Dominator), has anybody got one of these things, what I should look for when I get it home. Hopefully I get some +ve responses here but always happy to accept any comments.
    They are not top line but seem good value for money, I don't intend to live in it just a weekender.
    They were CIG a few years ago but doing some research appears they have lifted their game, thoughts please
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Yes, I believe that GIC now trade under 'Black Series' - in fact, the GIC website is redirected to the Black Series website.

What I do know is that GIC got lawyer involved and threatened forums they would be done for defamation unless they removed all negative discussion regarding their brand (even legitimate owners of there products discussing issues).

I would suggest this is why it would be hard to find any negative feedback. (I would also suggest people use caution providing anything but positive comments in this thread too!)

I'm not sure if the Pajero Forum also received one but several other forums definitely did. For example...

On Monday 4x4earth received the following letter from Goldsmiths Lawyers. As a result we have removed all threads and posts about GIC Trailers. On future all comments about GIC trailers will be deleted without review. Sorry for the inconvenience. James The text of the letter is...

Sounds like you've approached the situation with an open mind and with realistic expectations of what to expect in their price bracket so I'm sure you'll be happy. At the end of the day, I believe it doesn't matter what brand you buy, as long as your getting out in the Aussie outdoors.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
      I'm not sure if the Pajero Forum also received one but several other forums definitely did. For example...
      We did as well, sorry Hinsch but if GIC won't let us discuss the quality of their products then there is no discussion about any good points as well.
      Thread closed.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X