Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Are those cheap Chinese GPS (on eBay) "always" possible to be hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm2004
    • Apr 2010

Are those cheap Chinese GPS (on eBay) "always" possible to be hacked?

Hi,

I've searched around and got the impression that there are always (reasonably easy) ways to hack the (cheap Chinese) GPS so you can then start the Windows Explorer instead of it's default GPS program, with the intention to run Oziexplorer instead. Would that be a correct understanding?

As I already have a licensed Oziexplorer (for PC as well as Win CE) I'm thinking of buying a new cheap GPS to hack (the current GPS is quite old and has started to fall apart).

Thanks and regards,

Nissan GU9 Patrol Y61, 3L CRD, auto, factory bullbar, towbar, cargo barrier, snorkel, GME UHF radio.
    Forever remembered: Pajero NP 2003 3.8V6 Auto, 1" lift - ToughDogs with adjustable shocks, ARB bullbar & towbar, TJM bashplates, Cooper AT3 tyres, UHF radio, plus other bits & pieces
  • shaggy-89
    • Aug 2012
    • Bridgewater, SA

Originally posted by jm2004 View Post
    Hi,

I've searched around and got the impression that there are always (reasonably easy) ways to hack the (cheap Chinese) GPS so you can then start the Windows Explorer instead of it's default GPS program, with the intention to run Oziexplorer instead. Would that be a correct understanding?

As I already have a licensed Oziexplorer (for PC as well as Win CE) I'm thinking of buying a new cheap GPS to hack (the current GPS is quite old and has started to fall apart).

Thanks and regards,
    You are correct 99% will have an icon for winCE. So downloaf OZI to an SD card and cpoy it to the unit. For mine it had an icon for "favourites" so I put path in there so its a simple tap. I saved my maps to the SD card so its easy to upgrade or add maps.

If I get time I will do a "How To" guide over the weekend.
    04 Pajero DI-D NP Exceed Turbo Diesel, Snorkel, surf rod sand flag, custom Rear shovel mount, Half built Drawer system MANY MORE ADDITIONS TO COME (watch this space)

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

No need to "hack" them. Just point the navi start icon to the executable of Ozi and you're done. They all have a config function designed specifically for that.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• jm2004
        • Apr 2010

Thanks

Thanks guys for the response. Much appreciated.
        I'll order the unit and share how I go.

Cheers,

Nissan GU9 Patrol Y61, 3L CRD, auto, factory bullbar, towbar, cargo barrier, snorkel, GME UHF radio.
        Forever remembered: Pajero NP 2003 3.8V6 Auto, 1" lift - ToughDogs with adjustable shocks, ARB bullbar & towbar, TJM bashplates, Cooper AT3 tyres, UHF radio, plus other bits & pieces

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X