• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Knackers
    • May 2015
    • Perth

Extnix android experience

I am changing out the stereo on my NT GLS for an aftermarket unit with GPS, reversing camera etc. My first preference is an android unit like this one from Extnix that can also integrate with apps such as Torque or others. http://www.extnix.com.au/extnix-andr...inment-system/

Does anyone have first hand experience with one of these Extnix units that can give feedback on performance, issues, bugs etc?
    2011 NT GLS : ARB Deluxe Bar & Full Bushskinz & Rhino Platform & lots more planned.....
  • Patagonia
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Hi, I have a "similar" standard 2 din unit and I´m happy with it thought it´s not perfect.

I use it mainly for GPS applications including Waze with online traffic (therering internet from my phone, 3G dongles work also) and for Torque using bluetooth, I have also tried a dash cam and reversing cam and they work well (think the dash cam recording resolution is average only) but haven´t really installed them in the Pajero as to comment long term usage.

Audio quality is definitely not good from stock, many people use a software called "viper for android" that takes over the android audio and it definitely improves a lot but not enough for me (I´m kind of and audiophile though, many others find it good with viper installed) stock app for sd card/usb audio is basic also but you can use poweramp of jetaudio for example...ok, any android app that the beauty of these units I plan to install my amplifier to improve things but at these point is sitting in the shed with the dash cam Also some people complain of radio reception and many have installed reception amplifiers, the Pajero has one included but I feel it still lacks reception when you go away from main cities. (this is the case of some units, don´t know Etnix, see below)

Hardware quality? it depends, there are several different units based on the same main board but they vary in the implementation and the rest of the hardware, don´t know the one Etnix sells. Anyway they have been in the market over a year know so they have made improvements.

There is a lengthly thread on XDA developers forum regarding software and hardware for these units including aftermarkets firmwares and dedicated app´s to have more functionality, look it up with "xda developers huifei" ...if you have a lot of time they also discuss problems and solutions...
    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• Mr Knackers
      • May 2015
      • Perth

Bump.....
      Anyone else have experience with these?
      2011 NT GLS : ARB Deluxe Bar & Full Bushskinz & Rhino Platform & lots more planned.....

Comment

• Lokus
        • Nov 2015
        • USA

Originally posted by Mr Knackers View Post
        Bump.....
        Anyone else have experience with these?
        That is expensive!!! I have a lot friends who has android headunit and it works good. With the applications you can adjust everything to your needs.

Like Patagonia said, there is a huge forum at XDA for android headunit that will help you to get the most out of it.

In the XDA forum, it has been posted a really good deal. $189.00 + shipping for Octacore Android 4.4 which it is the most powerful headunit in the after market and much powerful than the one from Extnix. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...t/x/12679152#/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X