• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eucyblues
    • Jul 2007
    • Canberra

NX MMCS Map SD Card Mystery Format

Hi all

Fiddling around getting to know the new NX - thought I'd make a backup of the map SD card just in case.....

Obviously not a standard format as can't be read in windows or in windows based SD card recovery software

Anyone else tried to back it up??
    NX GLS
    "Blessed are the cracked….For they are the ones who let in the light."
  • Fritterbug
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Brisbane

Assuming it is the same as MY14 NW.

Mine came with a CD that can make a new SD card to then use in the MMCS. Never tried it though.

However if it failed inside 5 years it would be a warranty job anyway.
    MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• eucyblues
      • Jul 2007
      • Canberra

Hmm - OK - I saw a CD in the glove box - didn't try it - will take a look - thanks
      NX GLS

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Just be aware the CD may contain an older version of the maps, at least if the dealer did the pre-delivery map update.

Check you map version in the MMCS unit is 2014-A, as this is the latest version currently being installed by the dealers when updating. (It is shown in the menu somewhere & should also show the word "here" in the bottom left of the start up screen where you have to push the OK button each time.)

Also be aware you are entitled to 2 free map updates which should be done at the 12 & 24 month services, although it appears only people who ask for them are getting them done.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

I happened to see a bit torrent which is version 16
          Link below

I don't know if this is of use or not......
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• eucyblues
            • Jul 2007
            • Canberra

Yep - I remided the dealer's rep that the current version is 2014-A and could he please check and update if necessary - with all the handover stuff I didn't get to check it before getting home - sure enough it's the 2013-A version - he's going to see the service dept tomorrow about it

Maybe needs a new thread but it seems that voice recognition on the sat nav has been dumped - I can't find any ref to it and the only options I can access are phone and audio... ???
            NX GLS

Comment

• eucyblues
              • Jul 2007
              • Canberra

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
              Just be aware the CD may contain an older version of the maps, at least if the dealer did the pre-delivery map update.

Check you map version in the MMCS unit is 2014-A, as this is the latest version currently being installed by the dealers when updating. (It is shown in the menu somewhere & should also show the word "here" in the bottom left of the start up screen where you have to push the OK button each time.)

Also be aware you are entitled to 2 free map updates which should be done at the 12 & 24 month services, although it appears only people who ask for them are getting them done.
              As above my installed map version is 2013-A - the disk provided is labelled as Version Z - does anyone know if this the 2014-A version ?? - don't want to use it without knowing...
              NX GLS

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by eucyblues View Post
                Yep - I remided the dealer's rep that the current version is 2014-A and could he please check and update if necessary - with all the handover stuff I didn't get to check it before getting home - sure enough it's the 2013-A version - he's going to see the service dept tomorrow about it

Maybe needs a new thread but it seems that voice recognition on the sat nav has been dumped - I can't find any ref to it and the only options I can access are phone and audio... ???
                I never found voice recognition for the sat nav - don't think it has it.
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Downunder35m
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • Near Melbourne

Not sure if anyone needs it but there is a nice video on how access the service menu on the MMCS units.
                  Youtube
                  And Mitsubishi provides a nice guide on the update of the unit itself, including the download, here.
                  Just in case someone is interested
                  '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
                  Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• Fritterbug
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Downunder35m View Post
                    Not sure if anyone needs it but there is a nice video on how access the service menu on the MMCS units.
                    Youtube
                    And Mitsubishi provides a nice guide on the update of the unit itself, including the download, here.

Just in case someone is interested
                    This looks like it is just for MMCSv1.
                    MMCSv2 uses SD cards.
                    ?

The youtube clib is v1 but will give it a go on v2 when I get home.
                    MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• Fritterbug
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2013
                      • Brisbane

Checked my MMCSv2 tonight and I couldn't get any 2 button press combination to bring up a hidden menu.
                      Probably missed a few though.
                      MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• vladguan
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Adelaide

Hmm, I do remember seeing voice guidance while flipping through settings pages. It is not via the phone hands-free voice command button on the steering wheel but via a button on the MMCS itself I think.
                        Please call me Vlad.
                        -----------------------
                        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• richiestreasure
                          • May 2020
                          • Gold Coast

Hi all

Fiddling around getting to know the new NX - thought I'd make a backup of the map SD card just in case.....

Obviously not a standard format as can't be read in windows or in windows based SD card recovery software

Anyone else tried to back it up??

Yesterday I succeeded in unlocking and backing-up my navigation SD card. Here are the step-by-step instructions: https://translate.googleusercontent....KhEGI9oQPXg9wg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X