• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EXTNIX
    • Oct 2011
    • Epping, Melbounre

Originally posted by narrv View Post
    hello
    first post here,,,i too have just had the latest dig options platnium universal 2 din gps system fitted,and have found it too be freezing up ,going from mp3 music and video to radio to gps. seems its getting confused or the processor not keeping up with user,,,had to reset it a few times already ...just have to be patient and work a bit slower with it,,,,other wise it has all the bells and whistles at minimum price....also radio and music cuts out when putting in reverse which is a bit of a down ,,,and takes its time going back to music..i see the polaris unit is selling for 999 now maybe would have got this one for the extra 350 bucks ,,
    If your unit is Freezing then good idea will be to get firmware re-flashed. Call the vendor with MCU and OS details which you can find under "System menu".

That usually fixes 90% of the software side of issues
    Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
    a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
    b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
    c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by EXTNIX View Post
      Hi stevemc,

Android 4.2 units are very new and at best there can be issue before the systems actually get mature (just like Android phones).

Windows CE systems are very mature, reliable and stable too.

They are a straight swap for the base models. do have features like amp control but I am not sure if some one with Rockford system has actually installed them. Steering wheel works perfectly.
      Thank you,

Asad.
      Thanks Asad, I'm not ready to buy yet, so will probably wait for the Android Double din market to mature a bit further, hopefully in a year or so there will be multiple systems out there running up to date versions of Android.
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• BigTriangle
        • Oct 2010
        • Albury

Can any of these head units control my iPod, or do they power the ipod but I still need to use the click wheel?
        MQ Triton, Engel fridge, Ironman replacement rear bar/tow bar

Comment

• pslambe
          Retired Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • Sydney

Dig Options Unit

Originally posted by gzeca View Post
          Looking at getting an aftermarket stereo and quite like the dig options satnav for the Pajero.

I know you can get a double din etc but I quite like the look of the fully integrated deck.

Anybody thats got or used one of these what are your thoughts ?

cheers
          rhys
          I installed one in my NS Platinum Edition(GLX) last year. It has been totally reliable. The unit runs Windows CE, which, like real Windows, is a dog. That said, Win CE is quite mature and reliable. The newer Android systems will be full of bugs for a while yet, but Android is a far more adaptable OS than CE. It will take time for products to mature.
          My only slight grievance with Dig Options is that the system came with NavNGo software which was in fact a hacked/cracked version. I contacted NavNGo about buying a fully legal system and they were totally uncooperative. Go figure! I have since bought a 3rd party GPS software to run on CE.
          As far as the unit itself goes it has been totally reliable ... for over 12 months at least.
          My unit is actually a Roadrover <http://e.roadrover.cn/product/view/203.html> from China. (Surprise, surprise!!!!!!)
          Silver 08 NS Dieso DiD Auto "Platinum Edition": ARB Bullbar, dual battery and compressor: Airtek snorkel: Milford Cargo Barrier: GME TX3220: 40mm OME lift & OME gas shocks: Engel: BFG's: Under body guards and rear bar from Bushskinz. Triple battery setup with AGM under rear floor charged with Redarc SmartStart DC-DC charger: Home made removeable drawer unit: DIG Options in-dash Infotainment, GPS and reversing camera unit. Long Range Fuel Tank.

Comment

• EXTNIX
            • Oct 2011
            • Epping, Melbounre

Originally posted by BigTriangle View Post
            Can any of these head units control my iPod, or do they power the ipod but I still need to use the click wheel?
            Yes, most of these units are compatible with older 30Pin ipod / iphone connectors.

when ipod is connected/selected it gives you full playlist and operating menu.

Click Wheel part I am not really sure as I do not have one of the click wheel ipods.
            Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
            a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
            b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
            c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

• grhyso
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Perth

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
              I'd be interested in hearing of actual user experiences with the Android 4.2 systems on Extnix. Plenty of units around running Android 2.1 etc that seem to have pretty crappy reviews. Wondering if these are any better?

Are these units a straight swap out, plug and play for reverse camera steering wheel controls etc etc when replacing the MMCS Fosgate system?
              When I ordered my Android system I was asked if I had the factory amp. I ended up getting sent the wiring loom for the factory amp which has two RCA plugs to plug into the head unit and then plugs into the normal wiring loom. I'm guessing with this loom you can really use any head unit you want as long as it has RCA outputs.

The wiring looms were made by Connects2 and compared to other aftermarket looms I'm used in the past the quality was great. I ordered it through Carbon Car Systems and price wise was only a little more than ordering through eBay, worth it for the advice and support I got from them.
              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Ericcool
                • May 2013
                • Shepparton

Brash imports rulez!!

Originally posted by mickbro View Post
                as far as I am aware brash imports and dig options are same company

Mick

They are not the same company at all. I have met both and jumped at the Brash Imports one. His units include
                1) Registered Ozi Explorer with all maps,
                2) They are tested in Melbourne before being sent out,
                3) Proper tailgate camera

Could not fault him or his knowledge of Pajeros

Definitely would recommend anyone going to www.brashimports.com.au

Comment

• Glastonbury
                  • Dec 2011
                  • Glastonbury, QLD

I installed a Dig Options unit in a NW last year and believe it to be rubbish, the radio reception is worse with the DO unit and booster than the original stereo. The blue tooth doesn't work with my phone properly, people can't hear me when a call is made. Matt's after sales service is pretty ordinary, he's got his money. I have a mate with a similar unit in a Clubsport and he's having dramas as well. You get what you pay for.
                  Cheers Drew

Comment

• Bundyk
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • North Nowra

No real personal experience with the Dig Options unit, but a mate of mine has one in his MU-X, and he's not overly happy with it.

The offroad mapping is hard to use, the Nav keeps going back to the home screen and sometimes it wont recognise there is an SD card in the slot. I saw all this within a 4 hour period.

Sounds quality through the factory speakers seems reasonable though, and the bluetooth etc seemed to work fine the day I was out and about with him. Didnt seem to have any issues with radio reception and the reverse camera worked well

It has its good points and bad points. Would I buy one? Personally, no, I would just keep saving for a better unit.
                    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• NFT5
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Canberra

I have one.

It's the Windows CE version but two years on and no problems at all (well, one itty bitty one, see below). Also had one in the Triton and exactly the same.

I installed an Android one for a customer just recently and it was much, much better. A little slow to boot up but masses of features and worked really well. The sound was significantly better, too.

Only problem with the Win CE units is that OziExplorer will crash the system if you turn off the engine while it's running. Only fix is a restart, which is why I keep an opened paper clip in my console.

A speaker upgrade will make the world of difference, too.
                      Chris

Comment

• dig_options
                        • Oct 2015
                        • Melbourne

Hat in hand

Hey guys,

It's Matt from DIG Options. I've come here with my hat in hand to apologise for any lack of service I have provided in the past.
                        In the past I have done my best to resolve any issues related to our devices and I sincerely apologise if me or my team have let you done with our product or service.

If you have any outstanding problems please do call and ask for me direct on 0409 427 461. Any issue whatsoever will be promptly resolved as my guarantee - in or out of warranty.

My sincere apologies.

Matt
                        DIG Options

Comment

• dig_options
                          • Oct 2015
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by Bundyk View Post
                          No real personal experience with the Dig Options unit, but a mate of mine has one in his MU-X, and he's not overly happy with it.

The offroad mapping is hard to use, the Nav keeps going back to the home screen and sometimes it wont recognise there is an SD card in the slot. I saw all this within a 4 hour period.

Sounds quality through the factory speakers seems reasonable though, and the bluetooth etc seemed to work fine the day I was out and about with him. Didnt seem to have any issues with radio reception and the reverse camera worked well

It has its good points and bad points. Would I buy one? Personally, no, I would just keep saving for a better unit.
                          Could you please mention to your mate to call me on 0409 427 461? Ask for Matt. Ozi explorer we add as a customer convenience and it's not very easy to use but is very functional. We do have some help on the support page of our website on ozi and youtube is a good source of tutorials. We can provide a generic manual for this program.
                          Memory map is an easier to use program for off road and we can offer some advice if emailed on how to use that.
                          The DIG Options off road street menu may be causing some problems. To update that just go to GPS Path, open street and select street.exe. This was the street maps will not revert back to our menu and automatically launch into the street map app.
                          To use off road simply change the map path to Off road and select offroad.exe

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                            Only problem with the Win CE units is that OziExplorer will crash the system if you turn off the engine while it's running. Only fix is a restart, which is why I keep an opened paper clip in my console.
                            That's pretty poor and would be a deal breaker for me.

Digi Options, any comments re this problem?

Originally posted by dig_options View Post
                            Originally posted by Bundyk View Post

Could you please mention to your mate to call me on 0409 427 461? Ask for Matt. Ozi explorer we add as a customer convenience and it's not very easy to use but is very functional. We do have some help on the support page of our website on ozi and youtube is a good source of tutorials. We can provide a generic manual for this program.
                            Memory map is an easier to use program for off road and we can offer some advice if emailed on how to use that.
                            The DIG Options off road street menu may be causing some problems. To update that just go to GPS Path, open street and select street.exe. This was the street maps will not revert back to our menu and automatically launch into the street map app.
                            To use off road simply change the map path to Off road and select offroad.exe
                            Digi Options, I reakon you may have "missed the boat" with this issue! It was posted 7 months ago!

If anyone does contact Digi Options as a result of his above post, can you please let us know the outcome. As a potential buyer, for me it will be very interesting how the issues are addressed / resolved.
                            Last edited by geopaj; 31-10-15, 01:34 PM.
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• dig_options
                              • Oct 2015
                              • Melbourne

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
                              That's pretty poor and would be a deal breaker for me.

Digi Options, any comments re this problem?

Digi Options, I reakon you may have "missed the boat" with this issue! It was posted 7 months ago!

If anyone does contact Digi Options as a result of his above post, can you please let us know the outcome. As a potential buyer, for me it will be very interesting how the issues are addressed / resolved.
                              I think i did miss the boat. I did not see this until now but hope that i can sort out an irritating bug.
                              I just tested one of our platinum units (i don't have a road ranger in the office with me today) but i can confirm i was able to run ozi, power off the unit then re-enter ozi without resetting the unit. I would suggest we try to update the ozi. We can be phoned or emailed for this.

Comment

• geopaj
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by dig_options View Post
                                I think i did miss the boat. I did not see this until now but hope that i can sort out an irritating bug.
                                I just tested one of our platinum units (i don't have a road ranger in the office with me today) but i can confirm i was able to run ozi, power off the unit then re-enter ozi without resetting the unit. I would suggest we try to update the ozi. We can be phoned or emailed for this.
                                Thanks
                                Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X