• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sbazz
    • Apr 2008
    • Adelaide

Techni Ice - Ice Boxes

Has anyone got one of these ice boxes? Are they any good?

I've been looking for something around the 60L mark and stumbled across these on the net - they've got some fairly decent deals on this week so i wanted some feedback on their performance.

Discover the finest portable coolers Australia has to offer. Shop award-winning Techni Ice coolers trusted by industry leaders, loved by the masses. Free delivery*.
    '93 NH GLS - bull bar with IPF spots, rear diff lock, dual batteries, half finished rear storage (still)
  • NH-Mark
    • Aug 2007
    • Brisbane

i've been thinking about one myself. they sell them on ebay too, often starting at $1.

4wd action has a bit about them...

everybody recons they are great
    New Toy - 2021 LC79 Dual Cab with all the fruit.

SOLD - '93 NH GLX LWB - Snorkel - Cargo Barrier - 305/70/16's - Long Range Tank - 2" Body Lift - 2" Suspension Lift - Winch - Overhead console/UHF/Lots of Switches - Dual batts - Factory Rear Locker - Front Lokka - Rear drawers - Compressor & Air Tank - Engine Swap 3.8 VP Commodore v6

Comment

• green monster
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Adelaide

sbazz
      my old mans in the ulysses club and all his mates have tried and tested every esky known to man (no shit ,its scary )The techni ice ones have proven to be one of the best out their,also techni ice make eskys for a lot of well known companys who rebadge them and pass them on,,'michael Hilliard' (i think that the correct name?)eskys also came out as one of the top ones but i reckon they are also techi ice because side by side they look the same !!
      I almost baught one last summer but had no cash ,,if you keep an eye on the trading post they usually have a big sale on at the start of summer ,,from memory i was looking at a 120L for $140, the same one my mate has ,,It will keep ice for 5 days in the middle of summer in the shade ,i have seen it when camping,amazing!! also i borrowed it last summer for a big party at my house on a sat night,,when i went to empty it on Tue it had pleny of solid ice and VERY little water ,i was really impressed
      Ifyou need a good esky them i would highly recomend one of them,,
      Cam
      ps get your arse up to Wallaroo this weekend!!!
      NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• GeoffM
        • Jun 2007

hi, i bought a 100 litre one nearly 2 years ago, still going strong. very strong box. use it fishing and camping.

ice keeps ok in it.

geoff

Comment

• Sbazz
          • Apr 2008
          • Adelaide

Thanks for the feedback guys, i ordered 2 this morning - a 40L for the food and a 60L for the beer! Unfortunately they are sold out so i have to wait a few weeks (but still get it for the sale price so i'm happy)
          My old man has one of the michael hillier 62L boxes and thats brilliant for ice - lasts ages, but was gonna cost me $350 for a 62L

Cam - we're booked in for some driver training at Pt Gawler so we won't be able to make Wallaroo, try to at least get someone half bogged this time!
          '93 NH GLS - bull bar with IPF spots, rear diff lock, dual batteries, half finished rear storage (still)

Comment

• green monster
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Adelaide

finally got mine!!!
            and i ordered some 'Coopers' (pale ale) stickers for it today hee hee
            60litre -$125
            Attached Files
            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Peterng
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2013
              • Northern Rivers NSW

I bought the 28ltr ice box about 8 years ago to my smoko in for work and double up as a seat, whilst I'm working on the job site.
              In the process of purchase I also bought some of the ice mats to go with it...they are a bit fiddly to get them expanded, but once done, they work quite well.
              I found the ice mats to last about 10 to 12 months with continuous daily usage, and I wasn't kind to them..
              When I'm heading out camping, I always pull the ice mats out of the home freezer and place them in the bottom of my 12v Bushman fridge..it works a treat.
              The ice box sat with its carry strap in the open work ute tray with all the tools banging around through sunshine, rain, humidity, bad roads, dust and heat...the outer layer is marked up a bit. heaps of scratches but has not cracked at all.
              The lid seals are still good today in 2017, as they were when I first bought it.
              In about 2010 we took the icebox to "Bluesfest" every day to pack all our food and drinks in, use as a seat and then stand on it to see the artists above the heads of the crowd.
              We have been taking into Bluesfest every year we visit eversince because of it's design toughness, its' ease of carry and compactness.
              Bloody brilliant..
              Last edited by Peterng; 11-01-17, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

I,ve got 2 x 60 litre ones. Best on the markey by a mile. I have the more expensive Signature series. Mates have the big ones in their fishing boats and ice literally lasts about 5 days out fishing. Considering the amount of opening and shutting of lid..they are well worth the money..
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Apollo
                  • Dec 2016
                  • Cooloola Coast QLD

I have three of them in varying sizes for camping and fishing use. They would be 4-5years old by now and still ok. Just came back from a week away camping and it still had some ice in it when we packed up camp.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X