Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 01-06-16

Demand they replace the whole unit
Old 01-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas2909 View Post
Demand they replace the whole unit
I assume that's what they'll have to do.
I've owned a Jeep - so I know how to get Fair Trading involved with these matters to get a result.
Old 03-06-16

Just an update on my faulty handsfree kit -
My PS had it's 1500km service yesterday and the service centre confirmed that echo issue is present and have lodged a case with MMA. They tried it using 2 different phone in the car and calling both mobiles and landlines and unless the volume was set to "4" or less the person on the other end could hear their voice and road noise.
Apparently this was a reasonably common fault with Challengers, Outlanders and the ASX, and in those cases it was the amplifier that was the cause.

So long story short, the service centre has confirmed that it's faulty but needs to wait for instruction from MMA before they can replace anything. At least they've documented it I guess so now they have to rectify it.
Old 12-10-17

Just wondering if anyone has had a resolution of this? I've recently taken delivery of my new PS and love it. All except for this horrible echo - I spend quiet a lot of time talking in the car.

I've swapped the bluetooth audio over to the right hand speaker which makes it a little better (I'm deaf in my left ear so had needed phone audio up really high which would make the echo much worse for callers).

Would love to hear if anyone has resolved with Mitsubishi.
Old 12-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoffa View Post
Just an update on my faulty handsfree kit -
My PS had it's 1500km service yesterday and the service centre confirmed that echo issue is present and have lodged a case with MMA. They tried it using 2 different phone in the car and calling both mobiles and landlines and unless the volume was set to "4" or less the person on the other end could hear their voice and road noise.
Apparently this was a reasonably common fault with Challengers, Outlanders and the ASX, and in those cases it was the amplifier that was the cause.

So long story short, the service centre has confirmed that it's faulty but needs to wait for instruction from MMA before they can replace anything. At least they've documented it I guess so now they have to rectify it.
MM have a reflash for in call echo on these units
sounds like they haven't updated it
Old 15-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige View Post
MM have a reflash for in call echo on these units
sounds like they haven't updated it
thanks for your feedback @bige - do you mean there is a software update for the entertainment unit that I can asked to be applied during next service?

Last edited by akawoz; 15-10-17 at 12:57 PM.
Old 15-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by akawoz View Post
thanks for your feedback @bige - do you mean there is a software update for the entertainment unit that I can asked to be applied during next service?
there is here in AU, don't know if there is in NZ
Old 15-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige View Post
there is here in AU, don't know if there is in NZ
Great thanks, do you have any info about software / firmware version numbers that I can give the local Mitsubishi service people to see if they have it?
Old 18-10-17

Took car in today to find out that they have no information about a corrective software update for the echo problem.

If anyone has had this problem corrected in Australia can you please let me know when.

The service manager told me that might get it next year (its just a piece of software and the head units are common between AU and NZ).

If its of any use here is my version info:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CvIYpUgVX3oRUZ5i2
Old 6 Days Ago

Default iPhone Bluetooth

The car manual says the microphone is in the roof centre, perforated panel approx 6 to the rear of the sun glasses drop down compartment. We found we can be heard a little better by turning slightly towards the mic.