Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 15-10-17

Default Injector Cleaner

I was tempted to by some injector cleaner the other day, but resisted because I'm not sure if these things are effective or not, or if they would be recommended in our 3.2 did engines.

Any thoughts, people?

J
Old 15-10-17

All the big fuel suppliers like BP, Caltex, Shell etc are advertised as having a cleaning agent in their fuel which does the same thing. I usually throw a bottle of injector cleaner in at every oil change, not really necessary i guess but just more out of habit. if your after a good clean, get the ones that need the fuel lines to be inserted into the bottle, but they can get a bit pricey.
Old 16-10-17

I have used liquid moly diesel purge plus and their intake cleaner. This gave a massive improvement in the performance and economy on my ns. I used them both at the same time so if cant say if one or the other did the work.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 16-10-17

I've used the Liqui-moly Diesel Purge Plus which requires the fuel lines to be disconnected. Can't say I noticed any real difference so can't be sure how effective it is. At only $18 a can I'll continue to use it in the future I think.

http://www.liqui-moly.com.au/product...rge-plus-2790/

http://www.liqui-moly.com.au/how-to-...l-fuel-system/

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, spare wheel lift, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, custom 3inch exhaust, Lovells + Bilstein 2 inch lift, DBA slotted brake rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, diff+gearbox+transfer case breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.
Old 17-10-17

I always recommend using Liqui-Molys Diesel Purge Plus. This stuff is like liquid magic.
As NTBenny posted previously, you remove both the inlet and return lines into the bottle or as what I did, a small fuel bottle with a bigger opening.
In my eyes its a very effective injector cleaner, from my own experiences and from my customers in-store reviews.

The only thing that I would recommend is putting a small in-line fuel filter to catch all the crud that may/may not come back from the return line.

Can pick up both components quite cheaply :
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...nuFrom=1021565

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...t-500mL/156714

And here is a screenshot of myself using this product (Attached)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170831_144916.jpg (101.2 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by TomBea; 17-10-17 at 10:58 AM.
Old 17-10-17

I've been using Chemtech Diesel Power for years on every diesel I've owned.
From old tech Nissan patrol 4.2 D and Mitsubishi Delica 2.8TD to my current Ssangyong Kyron 2.0TD and Mitsubishi Challenger . The first 2 have done over 700,000kms without issues .
The Ssangyong has a very sensitive fuel injection system has been running beautifully for 3 years now. The Mitsubishi Challenger is fairly new to me , but had surging issues when I first bought it . This was cured with the additive .
Now in fairness I must add , I only use good quality fuel , Vortex wherever possible .
Old 17-10-17
Valued Member

How often do you guys do this? I have thought about using injector cleaner for a while now but just never got around to it.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear shelf with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, tigerz awning 2.5 x 2.0m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 17-10-17

A mates family own 150 interstate trucks each doing 5000km per week and he has a fuel bill of over 22million $ a year yes 22 million $ and non of the trucks ever use a fuel additive or injector cleaner. So why worry ??
Old 18-10-17

I add to every tank ( 1 to 2 ml per litre of fuel )
But if you are having issues as I had with the Challenger and used Delica , I added approximately 250ml to the fill and drive hard to clean the system out .

I may be wrong , but I think a fair part of the problem is the cars just don't work hard enough and choke up . Diesel engines are designed to work .
An auto box driving around the city and suburbs would be in need of a good hard drive .
Old 18-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0415discog View Post
How often do you guys do this? I have thought about using injector cleaner for a while now but just never got around to it.
For $18 and an hour of my time I'm considering using the Purge Plus every 15000ks. I really can't be sure if it works or not but for that little an investment I'm willing to spend the time and money.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, spare wheel lift, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, custom 3inch exhaust, Lovells + Bilstein 2 inch lift, DBA slotted brake rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, diff+gearbox+transfer case breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.