• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garysf17
    • Aug 2017
    • Wynnum

MMCS Not Remembering Last Song

Hi All,
    I just bought a NW GLX-R and am experiencing issues with the sound system (base model radio/CD, no screen). These are not major issues but more of an annoyance. After playing music from my iPods (either Nano 5th or 7th generation) and I turn the ignition off it mostly does not remember the last song I played. On rare occasions it has. I have tried playing from a USB stick but still no luck with remembering the last song played. Additionally when I go into a playlist it will display the song name for the first 5 or so songs then it stops displaying them. Yet if I don’t play from a playlist it knows the name of those songs. Does anybody know how to solve these issues? Firmware update?
    Thanks
    Gary
  • Kiwoz
    • May 2014
    • Bunbury, W.A.

Usb

Gary, had same problem with USB stick, soon got tired of the first song especially with a lot of stop-starts in a day. It's about the way the stick is loaded but can't recall how I fixed it. I think there's something in the owners manual about folder and file layout. Sorry, not familiar with I-pod.
    Good luck sorting the prob, B.
    2013 NW GLX-R Auto. Hankook LT265/65x17 Dynapro ATM. Polyair. 120ah Lithium in 3rd row well, Ctek D250s Dual controller with tiltable 125w Elcheepo solar panel on Prorack S46 flush-mount bars. Primus 45ltr Fridge/Freezer. EGR sorted. Platinum front seat covers. Twin USB socket beside RDL switch. Bluetongue compressor hidden in LHR panel. Rear door table. 1400 kg scissor jack.
    2011 Coromal 511 Magnum XC with 120ah Lithium and Enerdrive DC2DC charger.
    2005 Pioneer Onyx.(for sale)

Comment

• garysf17
      • Aug 2017
      • Wynnum

Usb

Hi Kiwoz, thanks for the tip. I tried it initially with 2 albums on the USB and it worked every time! I then loaded another dozen or so albums and it wouldn't even play. It would show "loading" followed by "folder 3 song 1" and after a while go back to loading. Any suggestions? Gary

Comment

• Kiwoz
        • May 2014
        • Bunbury, W.A.

Gary, I've got a feeling that just loading the files straight onto the stick was my problem. I created a folder on the stick, named it music, then loaded the the individual "CD's" into this. All seems to work OK. I also have the player set to full random.

Good luck, Bruce.
        2013 NW GLX-R Auto. Hankook LT265/65x17 Dynapro ATM. Polyair. 120ah Lithium in 3rd row well, Ctek D250s Dual controller with tiltable 125w Elcheepo solar panel on Prorack S46 flush-mount bars. Primus 45ltr Fridge/Freezer. EGR sorted. Platinum front seat covers. Twin USB socket beside RDL switch. Bluetongue compressor hidden in LHR panel. Rear door table. 1400 kg scissor jack.

Comment

• garysf17
          • Aug 2017
          • Wynnum

Hi Bruce,

In the end the only way for me to resolve this issue was to update the firmware. Not only did this allow me to play songs on my USB but it also meant that it remembered the last song played when switched off. An extra bonus was that the songs started playing much faster, I didn’t have to wait minutes for them all to load. The only downside so far is that it doesn’t seem to allow me to select playlists on the iPod but I am happy to just use the USB. I haven’t played around to see if I can get the playlists working. Here are the instructions for those who are interested.

1. Download the firmware. I selected the “software for hands free module”, version 19 - http://mmc-manuals.ru/Audio:_Files#S...ds_Free_Module
          2. Put the “update.package” file in the root of the USB. You can use a program like 7 zip to do this.
          3. Plug the USB stick into your vehicle
          4. Turn audio system "OFF"
          5. Press the following in order: CH1 preset Button, |<< (seek down) button, >>| (seek up) button, and then CH4 preset button.
          6. "HFM DIAG" should be displayed on the system, if not repeat previous steps.
          7. Turn the volume to 0
          8. Press the "CH4" preset again to toggle through the diagnostic functions
          9. Check your software version is at least 8785A035 or 0900000
          10. Once you see "HFM OK" displayed, press CH3 preset button to toggle back until "HFM DIAG"
          11. Once you see "HFM DIAG" again press "PAGE" button to enter update mode.
          12. To enter the update security code, press CH1, CH2, Ch3, Ch4 in that order and the update should start updating. This will take several minutes.
          13. Once that's done press "PAGE" button to return to "HFM DIAG"
          14. Turn off the ignition and remove the USB flash drive

Comment

• Kiwoz
            • May 2014
            • Bunbury, W.A.

Many thanks for that Gary, we been away for a few days. Our unit certainly takes a while to crank-up. The more songs you have on a stick, the longer it takes to read them before starting to play. Seems like I've got some sorting to do.
            Bruce.

Comment

• Dunk66
              • Feb 2015
              • queensland

Originally posted by Kiwoz View Post
              Gary, had same problem with USB stick, soon got tired of the first song especially with a lot of stop-starts in a day. It's about the way the stick is loaded but can't recall how I fixed it. I think there's something in the owners manual about folder and file layout. Sorry, not familiar with I-pod.
              Good luck sorting the prob, B.
              ditto had same problem spoke with audio guys at sight n sound they said it is the mitsubishi head unit l have upgraded to Alpine never had the problem again and yes it works with steering wheel controls with new connector

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X