• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suitcase
    • Aug 2017
    • Brisbane

Tow hitch height

Hi all
    If this is not the right place please redirect me or if it's in another thread - tell me where to go .

I'm currently look at buying a Pajero - maybe around the NT - NW models.

I'm after a measurement - the maximum clearance under the rear door for a Pajero - with or without a spare wheel lift - with or without suspension upgrades - just with the car on its own sitting flat.

If I could also get the height to the centre of the receiver also that would be really great.

My van has quite a high drawbar and I use a McHitch Auto Coupler that sits up a bit.

Hope someone can help.
  • Wazza430
    • Jul 2015
    • Port Pirie S.A.

If you look at the McHitch website their demo car was a Pajero and the reason why they came up with this coupler. With the door, it wont matter if you have an suspension lift or not. Anymore concerns about the McHitch, give them a ring. Great people to deal with.
    MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• suitcase
      • Aug 2017
      • Brisbane

Thanks Wazza
      Had a look at that - looks good except I reckon the drawbar on my van is a lot higher than the one on their demo. So to have the tow tongue below the centre of the hitch receiver to give the door room to swing open I think I would need to have the back of the car jacked up so that the van runs level (or I need to reduce the spring height on the van )
      cheers

Comment

• Wazza430
        • Jul 2015
        • Port Pirie S.A.

Without pictures im having trouble understanding where your coming from. No matter what height your tongue is, its always going to be at drawbar height when connected. A WDH hitch will also help if your van isnt level but I would still be giving McHitch a ring. I have the basic 2t hitch on my 7 x 5 box trailer and its great. These guys know their stuff better than most of us here. Give them a call, whats it going to hurt?
        I have no affiliation with McHitch.

Cheers
        Warren
        MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X