• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • birdd
    • Mar 2014
    • Bundaberg, QLD

Tablet mount for Gen4?

I have a 9.7" Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 I want to use in my NT for navigation on and off road plus use it with Torque Pro for gauges, and audio.

I did start investigating making a custom mount to install the tablet but the only spot I could use was the tablet in portrait mode mounted into a custom 3D printed Double DIN mount. I used it for a few days on a trip away but I wasn't 100% happy with it, and without the tablet it just wasn't going to look good (even finished)

This is what I had:

I decided last night to give up on that idea and move the CD Player back up to the standard area which gives better view of the screen and easier controls. So it now looks like this:

Any suggestions for how and where to have a mount to fit the tablet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
    MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)
  • Nindez
    • Dec 2015
    • Wodonga, Victoria

Originally posted by birdd View Post
    Any suggestions for how and where to have a mount to fit the tablet?
    Could have a swing arm under the Passenger vent, like where the UHF hand piece is mounted on the other side. Fold in when not in use, fold out when is. Only three issues I see, glovebox is restricted from driver, have to look away from road(more than usual), and passenger might be annoyed by it.
    Cheers, Nic

MY 02 NM Pajero GLS 3.2 TD Auto. Dual battery. 2" TJM lift. Toyo AT II on 16" alloy road wheels - Maxxis Bighorn 764s 265/75 16 on 16" steel offroad wheels. GME TX3550s UHF. Facebook special Lightbar ( No idea on specs). ARB steel bullbar. TJM/ Airtech Snorkel. TJM Trans bash plate. Boos Intercooler& Sump bash plates.

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

This is my setup (excuse the crappy picture quality, also an old photo but setup the same). Ram mount to passenger seat floor bolt. Served me well in the last paj too. When I initially moved it to this car I thought I would look at mounting it to a bolt behind the dash instead so its a bit higher and central but I've never got around to it. Doesn't seem to bother passengers and you get very used to looking down at it for maps, particularly if you are using another mapping program on a phone or something so you can see when you are approaching junctions.
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

I am using a RAM Mount solution for an iPad in one of the centre console cup holders on my NT https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...1&postcount=14. Flexible, doesn't bother the co-pilot and can be pulled out in 10 seconds if you don't want to advertise technology in the vehicle when parked.

Cheers,
        Stephen
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• P4J3R0
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2013
          • Brisbane

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• birdd
            • Mar 2014
            • Bundaberg, QLD

Looking at get a RAM Mount...

Any advantages going for the Universal X-Grip Mount over the RAM Tab-Tite Cradle?

Also looking at this mount: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-316-1-202U Will it work ok with the Gen4?
            2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
            MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• twisted32
              • Jan 2015
              • Adelaide

Looking at get a RAM Mount...

Any advantages going for the Universal X-Grip Mount over the RAM Tab-Tite Cradle?

Also looking at this mount: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-316-1-202U Will it work ok with the Gen4?
              I have this mount with a RAM Tab-tite cradle in my NW. You will find that the alloy rod they supply the mount with will move quite a bit, especially if you have it high enough to clear the super select shifter. I have used it like this with a smaller GPS for the last few years and just put up with the movement.
              My solution now that I am using a tablet was to bend up a piece of 12mm mild steel rod (instead of the alloy rod supplied), although to do this neatly I had to use my small shop press to get nice tight bends. Over some corrugations on a recent trip, the tablet was moving less than the dash now...
              Just try to keep the bends tight, and the whole assy as close to vertical as you can, this will help reduce the moment arm, and hence movement.
              MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• razorback481
                • Nov 2014
                • Lewiston SA

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
                I have this mount with a RAM Tab-tite cradle in my NW. You will find that the alloy rod they supply the mount with will move quite a bit, especially if you have it high enough to clear the super select shifter. I have used it like this with a smaller GPS for the last few years and just put up with the movement.
                My solution now that I am using a tablet was to bend up a piece of 12mm mild steel rod (instead of the alloy rod supplied), although to do this neatly I had to use my small shop press to get nice tight bends. Over some corrugations on a recent trip, the tablet was moving less than the dash now...
                Just try to keep the bends tight, and the whole assy as close to vertical as you can, this will help reduce the moment arm, and hence movement.
                do you have any pics of what you made?
                thanks

Comment

• twisted32
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

Here you go, it sits fairly high but does not impede driving or passenger.

I could probably drop it another 1-2cm, but then it will be close to hitting your hand while using tiptronic.
                  Attached Files
                  MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• tangles4745
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post

This is my setup (excuse the crappy picture quality, also an old photo but setup the same). Ram mount to passenger seat floor bolt. Served me well in the last paj too. When I initially moved it to this car I thought I would look at mounting it to a bolt behind the dash instead so its a bit higher and central but I've never got around to it. Doesn't seem to bother passengers and you get very used to looking down at it for maps, particularly if you are using another mapping program on a phone or something so you can see when you are approaching junctions.
                    X2

Comment

• birdd
                      • Mar 2014
                      • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
                      So you used the mount I linked but then replaced just the rod? Would you do the same again or would you buy a different mount if you were to do it again?

TC.Barky which mount did you use?

Also where did you guys get your RAM mounts from?
                      2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX

Comment

• twisted32
                        • Jan 2015
                        • Adelaide

So you used the mount I linked but then replaced just the rod? Would you do the same again or would you buy a different mount if you were to do it again?

Also where did you guys get your RAM mounts from?
                        Yes I originally bought the floor mount you linked to. I used it like this for a couple of years with a 5"GPS, and cut the alloy rod as low as I could to stop movement. It still moved around more than I liked, and when I recently decided to use my 8" tablet for off road mapping, the rod was too short to accomodate it, so I picked up some solid mild steel rod, and bent that up instead, and now it doesn't move, so very happy.

I just searched ebay and picked up the RAM mounts from there.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • doncaster east vic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Back from the Dark side
                          NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X