• Show
Clear All
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Camping NSW near Lismore over Christmas

Hi all,

We are heading to Lismore (NSW) to see my brother and his family at Christmas time. Now we won't be able to get there till the 26/27th Dec due to shooting a wedding on the 24th.

Now his concern is that if we look for a camp spot after Christmas the pickings will be very slim. We all have 4WDs and camper trailers (3 cars) so will need a bit of space.

From what I can see, there isn't really the facility to book campsites, so it really would be first in best dressed.

Any suggestions? We will have kids, so were looking for child friendly creek/beach and fishing would be a bonus. Prefer to steer clear of caravan parks as not a huge fan of crowds.

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by Poita; 22-08-16, 09:30 PM.
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Download the Wiki Camps app. It's got plenty of info and feedback about caravan parks and free camping spots.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Poita
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • Adelaide

Already have that. More looking for experienced opinions of people in the area that might be able to advise which places to avoid/check out due to the Christmas rush.
      NW VRX MY2013
      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Tamworth
        • May 2014
        • Tamworth

Lismore area CPs

I think you are really going to struggle to get anywhere which is near/on the beach and not a caravan park on the north coast
        Possibly the closest thing is the camping ground at Flat Rock, between Ballina and Lennox Head. It's 30-40 minutes back to Lismore. Nestled just behind the dunes, great coastal location, well grassed, I'm sure there is an Amenities block but no power. Gets very fill though. Plenty of CP I could suggest but you can look at those yourselves. Plenty of places south of Woodburn, but can't think of anywhere further north.

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

Thanks for the info. Doesn't need to be close to Lismore, just that's where my brother lives and we will be leaving from. A few hours drive is fine.
          NW VRX MY2013

Comment

• conquistador
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2012
            • sth east queensland

In that case Wave hill station near copmanhurst. On the clarence river. There is a 4wd track in from the farmhouse that has you camped by the river. There was a campsite below and above a waterfall.

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Brisbane

Have a look on youcamp.com. They have a lot of farms where you can camp and book. Working properties should have lots of space and might be educational for the kids.
              2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• Tamworth
                • May 2014
                • Tamworth

Camping 90 minutes south of Lismore

Pete
                Have a Look at Illaroo Group Camping in Yuragair National Park east of Grafton, north of Minnie Waters.
                With my wife's family who reside around Lismore-Ballina region spent a very enjoyable Xmas period there a few years ago. Alternatively the Camping ground in the park 100m before it, though it did get crowded at Xmas.
                Illaroo requires a minimum number of campers, but you have the whole area to yourselves, have a look on the NSW National parks web site
                50m behind the beach, Toilets 100m away, Covered cooking/ eating area
                Sandon River just north of there is beautiful, but gets awfully crowded

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X