• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by Bru
    it wasn't that long ago that I started ignoring some of your input on fridges, already recognizing it as that of a salesman.
    Really? What did I ever try to sell someone? A good decision?

Originally posted by Bru
    Time is relative, I'm like an a.i, thats become self aware, soon my knowledge will grow rapidly. I've only been using fridges for a short time & I'm already discovering they are not what they are cracked up to be.
    hahah self aware?

:half cocked and dangerous more like it. Don't take my salesmanship as gospel, nor the others that agreed with my sentiment (noting a distinct lack of support for a gas fridge over a compressor unit in almost any interweb forum- its a sales conspiracy I tell you man).

For the record, last year I sold my 3 way that I owned from new for 24 years, so I reckon I have a bit of cred.

Yours is what?

I called you on your bad advice. You asked for us to add/correct your advice as you are willing to learn. Obviously, only from those agree with you.

Originally posted by bru
    I objectively gave compressors a shot & as I suspected they are for people who like insurances, extra insurance, & diesel injectors that require their own injectors.
    WTF? What interplanetary time zone do you reside in?
    Beam me up, Scotty.

I'm sure rancidity thanks you for the hijack.

AI.....artificial or not, Intelligence has left the building, stage right even.

good day.
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 10-03-16, 06:56 PM.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• craka
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Newcastle (Newie)

Wow where did that all come from?

Gas did have the advantage when run from gas and set up a permanent base camp but you cannot replenish its 'state of charge' whilst in 'base camp'. You can do that with a set of batteries and solar panels and you don't necessarily need to be in the desert to get solar energy.
      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
        Very interesting read as I have the same fridge and heading away to the kimberley this year. While the longest we are going without access to a store is only 2-3 days, we want to try load up in the major centre's of broome and kununurra for price reasons.

I am away from home for a while but I have a great article in a western 4wder magazine by Joe clews (I think that's her name?) About how to store veggies while travelling for long periods. Some of it is impractical unless you are towing a camper or caravan due the space you need but a lot is very good and if it means you get to enjoy fresh lettuce up till day 8 instead of day 3 without having to refrigerate it then it's a bonus.

you can probably email the magazine and buy the back issue or they may even just send you the article? It was from autumn, winter or spring 2014 issue from memory.
        Ok I checked the article and it is from Western 4WDriver #94. Well worth a read.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X