Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 21-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
It's your money at the end of the day. I say if you're happy with the product and you've considered any sound advice do what makes you happy. Qantas ran a B747 off the end of the runway in Bangkok some years ago and repaired it for significantly more than the cost of a new aeroplane. That's how they remain safe you see, no hull loss. The moral of the story is though everything can be repaired.

Some good points, cheers. Iíd rather a couple of repaired doors than mechanical issues I reckon. They may not look perfect but that wonít bother me. I think Iím still feeling ok about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-07-18

Hey Marty,

Im not a EX copper but I bought an EXCOP pajero petrol 3.5L V6 as my ride 8 years ago and its still going strong.

So Id say Buy it if you are happy with it on the first glance
XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery, GEN2 front brake calipers.
1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES.
2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK
Old 21-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98NL GL View Post
Hey Marty,

Im not a EX copper but I bought an EXCOP pajero petrol 3.5L V6 as my ride 8 years ago and its still going strong.

So Id say Buy it if you are happy with it on the first glance

Thanks mate. Appreciate the input.

Old 22-07-18
Valued Member

Plenty have bought ex cop vehicles and are happy with the purchase. They normally get serviced on time and looked after mechanically. I knew a few cops back in the NT as well as Telstra 4wd and wouldnt hesitate to buy one. They had to go remote and as such had to be reliable.
Old 26-07-18
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for all your assistance. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Iím confident it was a good purchase. Annoying dash rattle far left of dash at certain speeds but will sort that out and could potentially get it fixed under warranty.

Rear cargo light isnít working and itís not the bulb. Also the rear park light wasnít working when it was in my driveway but when I got to a relativeís place it was suddenly fine. Maybe a loose connection. Will need to suss those out. Everything else electric wise works perfectly.

Old 27-07-18
Valued Member

Found these, recovery points on genuine towbar? One at each end. Do all NX genuine towbars have these? Are they rated recovery points?

Old 27-07-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty085 View Post
Found these, recovery points on genuine towbar? One at each end. Do all NX genuine towbars have these? Are they rated recovery points?

I wouldn't use them for snatching if I could use the hitch receiver.
If I had to use them for snatching, I'd want to use a bridle to spread the load over both.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 27-07-18
Valued Member

Default My Ex-Police MY16 NX Pajero

I do have a square recovery hitch..

Edit: itís a genuine MMA tow pack and they all have these points but no mention of what theyíre suitable for

Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 27-07-18 at 12:01 PM.
Old 27-07-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty085 View Post
I do have a square recovery hitch..

Edit: it’s a genuine MMA tow pack and they all have these points but no mention of what they’re suitable for

Definitely not rated and definitely do not snatch from them, even with a bridle. There's a local one around here with shackles attached to those tie down loops. I cringe every time I see it.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 27-07-18
Valued Member

All Gen4's have them bud

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit