Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 29-06-17

Well written up with good pics and descriptions. Handy reference post.
Old 31-01-18

Where did you guy the lift from and what was the spring weight can you recall?
Looks like your Pam is coming along nicely. Very well done.
Old 31-01-18

Hi Wirey, my Pam is coming along nicely. I bought the lift off eBay. I don't think Lovells state a spring weight rating for their speings. The springs are CFR-90HD up front and CRR-91 in the rear. Look in the catalogue for more details: http://www.lovellsauto.com.au/docs/cat_4x4suspkits.pdf

My opinion is the heavy duty springs are really heavy duty. I probably would have opted for standard duty raised up front because the front is very hard, but it does have good clearance. Lift will definitely firm up your ride and make you feel more bumps. My car drives nicer loaded than empty now. I don't tow anything heavier than a tinny and my car is often lightly loaded so I might be bias. Even with the car fully loaded the springs barely sag (and the rear is only standard duty). After more than 30thou kms including 4wding I wouldn't have lost more than 2mm height, so I recommend the Lovells.
Old 24-04-19

Default Compressor mount behind interior panel

Hi all,

Long time no update. This mod was actually finished about a year ago but I never got around to posting. I decided to hard mount my Dr Air Pro Flow compressor behind the rear panel/trim of the paj.

After checking out the space on both sides of the car behind the rear wheel arch I decided on the passenger side because of the handy hatch. Plus I already had power on that side which made wiring easier. (I have attached pics on both sides for reference)

The first picture shows where I drilled holes to mount the compressor. I just placed the unit where it would clear the car trim and have room for heat dissipation, and marked the holes, then drilled them out to the same size as the sand plate mounting bolts. Removed the sand plate and bolted the compressor to the floor of the car (picture 2). The second picture also shows the pressure switch.

I connected a t-piece to the compressor – one end with a male nitto fitting for connecting the hose, the other for the adjustable pressure switch which I bought off ebay for under $10.

I had previously rigged up a 80amp relay to remotely operate the compressor. The relay runs off the same power that supplies the compressor. I decided to keep the remote switch at this stage but will eventually use it as an isolator. Both the remote switch and pressure switch are connected in series to control the relay which connects powers to the compressor. I have attached a basic diagram which is not an electrical diagram standard but should explain what I did.

The pressure switch is conveniently adjustable by a screw on the switch. I set mine to (open) at 50psi (typically what I pump my bike tyres up to). This is also relatively low that with a handheld tyre inflator the hose line wont be under much pressure (I think ARB uses 90-70psi or higher?).

I did find I had to use a lot of thread tape to prevent any leaks, and the compressor valves must leak a little so it does cycle a rev or two as the pressure leaks below 50psi but its pretty good. It would be better to have a two stage switch with an upper pressure for ‘off’, and lower pressure for ‘on’ again, but I couldn’t find one reasonably priced.

Last two pics show the unit installed and hidden behind trim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram.jpg (16.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg a1.jpg (129.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg a2.jpg (160.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg a3.jpg (140.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg a4.jpg (138.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg a5.jpg (158.8 KB, 16 views)