Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default Tow bar + Redarc tow-pro elite brake controller

On sharkcavers advice, I had the dealer installed the tow bar and the electric brake controller.
I'm really glad I did. Here is a thread of what's involved.

I chose a Redarc tow pro elite for two reasons. Firstly it is nowhere near my left knee, like the prodigy controller was. Secondly, it allows you to manually override and apply a constant adjustable trailer brake force without needed to hold it on. It also looks really discrete.

Here's where the controller is installed. I allowed room to the left for the fuel gauge or other switches.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Default TPMS - Tyredog TD1300A-X

When I purchased the tyre dog (Chinese clone) I accidentally bought two.
So, the second one is now in the NX.

2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
Build thread

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
Watching with interest...Both of us replacing a similar vehicle, with a similar vehicle, it will be interesting to see what you chose to do with the NX to what I have done.

You've got a few good months headstart on me! As with any build, it's all about what suites yourself best, but I cant help feeling it will be verrry similar.
Build thread

Old 05-06-16
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
but I cant help feeling it will be verrry similar.
True, but Its very different already and I like what I see. Top stuff. Least your tow pro was installed in a position to be of use. Same cant be said for mine.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 06-06-16
Valued Member

Anyone know if the NX suffers from dash shake on severe corregated roads?
Is this another mod I need to add to the list?
Build thread

Old 06-06-16
Valued Member

Mine is 12 months old now, now noticeable dash rattles and I've done quite a few corrugated roads. A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 06-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
This one bugs me no end as well
Old 06-06-16
Valued Member

yeah, it's annoying, if you put your finger on it, it stops so it's not major.
I haven't tried to remove the plate to apply a fix but a small bit of sticky tape over the bottom of it would probably be enough.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 06-06-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Mine is 12 months old now, now noticeable dash rattles and I've done quite a few corrugated roads. A low volume one rattle which was pissing me off took me a while to find....it's the cover plate on the gear lever.
That rattled on mine as well. I pulled it off and discovered the rattle was the clear lense things for what gear position you are in.
They are a loose fit with no felt padding.

I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it but it involved felt strips from ebay to line the contact areas.
I also put some stick on sound deadening where I could under the whole panel to absorb vibration.

No more rattles from there now
Old 12-06-16
Valued Member

Very nice mate! Didn't know you were thinking of an upgrade!

Great choice! And love the colour! Bet you are looking forward to putting some pin stripes on it!

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
| Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
| Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
| GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |