Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 22-03-16
Valued Member

Time for a snorkel for piece of mind, I hate the feeling of a splash of water over the bonnet without a snorkel and tend to be in water a bit.

I bought a Safari Snorkel as I had used them before and liked how well they fit, Yes they are dearer than a Chinese rip off I could have used but the kit has absolutely everything in it, right down to the zip ties. I chose Safari over TJM airtec as the Safari has the ability to put a pre filter on which I use on club trips. The TJM one is about $50 dearer here.

Mark twice, cut once... I love this part......

Indicator needs relocating

Airbox needs moving rearward

You loose the great big window washer tank and it gets replaced by this little one

Airbox moved back to fit ducting along the front

More holes with a touch of primer to prevent rust

The kit comes with a piece to fill old indicator hole

Final fitment

This was a technical fit compared to any I have done before with alot of bits to do. I took my time, did it in an easy day. Pity about the silly Mitsi clips holding the inner guard in place, zip ties it is now!

It makes a glorious induction sound with the window down but thankfully is not noticeable with the window up.
Old 25-03-16
Valued Member

So today I attacked lifting the spare wheel, I removed the wheel, had a stare for a while then decided to take the mount off and turn it upside down.

The mount is not even both sides so I spaced it out 10mm on one side and used longer bolts.

The 1st pic is how it goes without the spacers, tyre a bit close to the door, looks odd.

The 2nd with the spacers, I didn't have any suitable flat bar so these will do in the short term.

The 3rd is how much the wheel gets lifted by. Time will tell if it is enough, it was very easy to do and reverse if not enough.
Old 26-03-16
Valued Member

Great thinking with the wheel lift mate. I might try that. Also good work with the snorkel. I'm going to do this myself after the fiasco with my last 4wd. Nothing debured no paint on fresh metal. Could fit my finger between fender and snorkel.not sealed. Terrible!!!

Does the Tjm snorkel miss the indicator? And do they do the same with the washer bottle? As safari
Old 21-06-16
Valued Member

Dual Battery tray

I didn't really like the look of anything that you could buy except the ARB one and it was too expensive so I made my own.
The original fiberglass tray was cracked and broken at the tie down point so I binned it

New tray

Drilled the old water overflow bottle mount off and welded it to the new tray & paint

In position

2nd battery tray needs to be slightly higher to clear air con lines and slightly sideways to clear fuel filter

Yes it looks industrial :lol:

Secondary 3 micron fuel filter fitted up into place as well and just enough room left to fit the Voltage Sensitive Relay.

Old 15-11-16
Valued Member

A while ago the news springs turned up, Lovells from Australia and Bilsteins. I was a bit nervous with how it would ride as they are bloody heavy springs

Before

Old vs New

Rear ones in

Fronts assembled (only bit I couldn't do)

Front in

Finished product

It has settled from that 90mm lift to about 50mm which was the aim. The rear wheel alignment with the IRS was miles out.

I needn't have worried about the ride quality, its better on the road and off it. No where near as pleasant as the old NJ off road which is a shame but better on road. They are heavy duty fronts and standard duty rears.
Old 15-11-16

I love your battery tray solution! Mine is also cracked and held down by a strap at the moment...
Old 25-10-18
Valued Member

After getting hold of some Triton rims and some 285's for a very good price I decided to buy them and alter the spare wheel mount which had been catching on the trailer hitch to much with the factory size.
I needed to make a 1.5mm spacer to clear the front callipers, the spacer is small enough that the wheel centre still sits on the hub.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3777.jpg (27.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3778.jpg (27.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3779.jpg (39.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3780.jpg (46.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3563.jpg (30.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 25-10-18
Valued Member

And a pic with them on. I really like the look of these rims on the Pajero. If it wasn't for needing the wee spacer for the front i'd leave them on with road tyres.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3546.jpg (44.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3547.jpg (47.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3549.jpg (64.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3550.jpg (63.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 25-10-18
Valued Member

UHF & AM Radio
Old 25-10-18
Valued Member

The intercooler took a bit of a hit on one of the 1st outings and after a while it started to weep. as we know it is located in a terrible place and is actually not overly effective when working hard or driving slow, could easily see air intake temperatures over 100 degrees AFTER the intercooler when towing up any decent hill and the computer then drops the fueling and therefore power.

I guess that meant it was time for an upgrade

It cost an arm and a leg but is a work of art and the results are amazing

I have not noticed any increase in water temperatures (ultragauge) since fitting this. Any hill it quickly rises to 93-94 as it always has and then quickly drops back to 84 once off the throttle.