Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 19-09-15

Default Caroma's NS Pajero

I'm bored on Night Shift so thought why not start a thread.

We had our first child in 2008 and by the time 2009 came around it was becoming clear we needed a 'family car'. So i sold my V8 Tickford and flew down to Perth to peruse the car yards.

Eventually test drove an NS Pajero at a yard in Mandurah. It had everything i wanted, good acceleration, power, room, 4x4 and most importantly i wasn't going to have to pay through the nose for it. So we took it home that day. It was the dealer principle's demo with ~4,000kms on the clock. I got them to put the steel bullbar on it, though in hindsight i should've waited and gone got a third party one instead.

3.8L V6 Petrol Auto
7 Seats
Steel Bullbar

CURRENTLY SLOWLY RE-UPLOADING IMAGES AFTER THE PHOTOBUCKET DEBACLE

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 12:03 AM.
Old 19-09-15

Default Caroma's NS Pajero

She hasn't changed too much over the years. Usual mods had to be done when finances allowed:

Toyo Open Country ATIIs
Bilstein & Lovells HD 2" lift.
Tow Bar
LRA 81L Aux tank
Dual Battery Kit from Projecta w/100ah AGM battery in 3rd row seat well.
Foxwing awning
22" Light Bar x 2
GME UHF radio
Fridge Slide and modified access to 3rd row seat well
Pioneer 2DIN head unit, Fusion slimline 8" subwoofer & Clarion speakers all 'round
Aftermarket AM/FM aerial http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=46681
Rear door table plus LED strip lighting
LEDs in all interior lights.
Spare wheel lifter
Kingsley side steps
Bushskinz IC and Sump Guard
DRLs
Steering Wheel Controls for stereo retrofitted
Rola Titan Roof Tray

Bucketlist in order of probable purchase:
Snorkel
Tinting

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 02:08 AM.
Old 19-09-15

The first real trip we took her on was to Shark Bay and the heritage listed Point Peron. Not many photos of the car, was a bit distracted by the scenery

Lined up with the Toyotas and Grandma

Why we were there

Had to help push the Disco out of course...

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 01:41 AM.
Old 19-09-15

We like to head down our local Fortescue River. Its about an hour out of town to the turn off and then about half an hour down the river bed to the good spots. Lots of river rocks, lots of banging under the car and a couple of small water crossings. These trips keep stressing how keen i am for the lift kit. Really need to get my act together.

Here are a couple pics from a few different trips:
With dad's MUX

Love getting the belly wet

Set up for the day with a Cruiser and a mate's NT

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 01:49 AM.
Old 19-09-15

Recently went down to Pannawonica for the 20th Anniversary of their annual Rodeo. Got a taste of what its like to tow heavy things. I didn't mind it but geez she chewed through the fuel.

The spare wheel lifter came in handy, the rear door only fouls on the van's brake handle which doesn't quite go down low enough when released.

This was another trip that highlighted the need for new suspension. "It's coming i promise" i keep telling myself.

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 01:52 AM.
Old 19-09-15

Here is last weekend, me and a mate went down to Gregory's Gorge after the rest of our kin bailed on us.

His Pajero tackling the crossing

Camping setup

The Gorge

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 01:57 AM.
Old 19-09-15

3rd Row seat well access, dual battery is under the left hand side. A bit fiddly to get to but best use of the space:

Fridge Slide

My rear door table with LED strip lighting, drink holder and fridge slide w/40L engel.

The 2DIN Pioneer head unit and Subwoofer

Last edited by caroma; 08-10-17 at 02:06 AM.
Old 19-09-15

Nice ride caroma and definitely nice use (also a good use of a boring night shift ).

How do you find the Fusion slim line sub? I was thinking of getting one of the slim lines just to add a little fill to my NW's stereo (lets be honest, the factory stereo isn't exactly a brilliant ). I don't expect the slim lines would be a competition grade bit of gear but do you find it makes a reasonable difference?
Old 19-09-15
Valued Member

Love what you've done!

I too would be interested in more info about the sub. I'm also interested in the AM/FM antenna (brand, where installed, improvement of factory, etc?).

Thanks

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 20-09-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Scarface--- View Post
Nice ride caroma and definitely nice use (also a good use of a boring night shift ).

How do you find the Fusion slim line sub? I was thinking of getting one of the slim lines just to add a little fill to my NW's stereo (lets be honest, the factory stereo isn't exactly a brilliant ). I don't expect the slim lines would be a competition grade bit of gear but do you find it makes a reasonable difference?
Cheers bud. The Sub was moved from a previous vehicle and complimented the aftermarket headunit. I'm pretty sure the sub is 8" and while it doesn't add a hell of a lot of bass it's at a level i'm happy with. I need to replace the speakers soon though as they distort too easily at low volumes, and i'm pretty sure the rear ones are shot anyways. I got the Fusion sub from Ryda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Love what you've done!

I too would be interested in more info about the sub. I'm also interested in the AM/FM antenna (brand, where installed, improvement of factory, etc?).

Thanks
G'day mate, have a look at this thread i made when i installed the antenna: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=46681
On the recent Gregory's trip i was able to receive AM signal (listened to the 2 AFL saturday finals) while my mate's NT couldn't get any reception. Being in a gorge it wasn't crystal clear but huge improvement over factory. I have it installed on the bull bar. Also had FM reception for a lot longer than usual.

Last edited by caroma; 20-09-15 at 02:29 AM.