Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 12-08-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdd View Post
How much did the tune set you back?
I think MRT charge about ca.$1700 for a standard XA tune, this gives you an extra 25kw, increases torque by 50% at peak & shuts off EGR. I chose it for the stealth aspect and that the factory ECU is controlling boost & injection characteristics.
Old 11-10-17
Valued Member

Default Abber water tank

I did a Simpson Desert trip earlier in the year so wanted to add some water carrying capacity. I had heard good reports on the forum about Abber tanks http://www.abbertanks.com.au/ so bought one of Chris' standard 50l tank kits.

This was installed using 6mm nutserts and a brace made from some cheap shelving rail. This picks up the luggage tie-down point holes and gives a bit of extra support when travelling on rough tracks. I put some thin rubber matting underneath to provide some addition protection from the metal tub as the plastic liner needs to be removed to maximise space. I also installed a water pump & cartridge filter in the spare space behind the tank, there is still room for standard & spare mechanical jack, H/D jumper leads and some spare pieces of timber for jacking. I have a simple luggage platform with some long tubs underneath with tools/recovery kit & camping gear so access remains easy with tubs removed.

I put the tap with pump switch in the tailgate cubby hole behind a drop down table. This took a bit of work to fit hose & wiring through the existing cable duct into the door.

Caravan water filler / breather went into the unused third row cup holders, I managed to bodgy up a male/female hose fitting to connect a water hose at filling points, otherwise carefully use a water jerry to top up the tank. All the hoses & fittings used were food grade, after a couple of tank fills & flushes, the water is practically tasteless.

Overall very happy with the set up, just need to add the tank gauge to check capacity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5610.jpg (187.8 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5604.jpg (188.3 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5605.jpg (204.5 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5606.jpg (189.8 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5607.jpg (207.6 KB, 167 views)
Old 11-10-17

Lots of good work done in this thread. Thanks for sharing and keep the mods coming.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, Auto-mate TC lockup, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 24-07-18

Great thread. Interested in how the exhaust goes in terms of noise. On a previous vehicle I went through 4 exhausts that were all 3inch turbo back - yes - very different prices on all but the first three had a real drone... last one was epic.

Also - what area of Sydney are you in - would love to see this for real and see how that tune goes!