• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Some form of cage or divider on the sides and top allow you to stack other gear up to the sides of the fridge and on top and then still being able to slide the fridge in and out without unpacking gear. Also need to consider allowing adequate ventilation around the fridge for it to work efficiently.

Also need to have some way of preventing the power cord from getting caught in the slide mechanism.

OJ.
    Last edited by old Jack; 12-04-19, 10:51 PM.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jayctee
      • Mar 2015
      • Brisbane

Thanks OJ. No major problems installing fridge slide. The thread on one of the tie downs was stripped and rethreaded.. Would like to have more than 4 x M6 (1/4 inch) bolts holding down the floor. May attach strapping between the 4 bolts. Double swag fits, plus room for extras.
      Decided to remove rear seats to use existing mounts to securing Thunder Weekender battery box. No more passengers !!
      Attached Files
      SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
      SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

• KevsChallenger
        • Sep 2017
        • Melbourne

Heres mine, false floor attached to original tie down points, slide attached to floor and cage attached to slide. I run power to the rear from a dual batt under the bonnet. Supplies power to 2xUSB, Inverter, LED Light, Cig Socket and Fridge.

PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
          Heres mine, false floor attached to original tie down points, slide attached to floor and cage attached to slide. I run power to the rear from a dual batt under the bonnet. Supplies power to 2xUSB, Inverter, LED Light, Cig Socket and Fridge.

Hi Kev,

What have you done about access to the spare wheel winch and also keeping it sealed up from dust and water, or is this work in progress?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• KevsChallenger
            • Sep 2017
            • Melbourne

G'day OJ

Still a work in progress, to access the spare wheel winch i have to remove the drawer.
            I made a small notch on the inside of the drawer frame and have left the drawer stops off for now, so its just a matter of sliding the drawer out. Not perfect but for how often i need to access the spare it will do for the time been.

As for dust and water i've never had a problem, even the fine red dust of outback NSW didnt come in, have done many trips in the forests of the Murray, High Country and out cutting firewood most weekends and touch wood no problems.
            PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• KevsChallenger
              • Sep 2017
              • Melbourne

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

All good Kev, whilst you still have the black plastic plug in place the dust and water will not enter the cabin through this access hole.

OJ.

Comment

• KPJero
                  • May 2019
                  • QLD

Do you guys think 12mm ply will be enough for my false floor? I plan to bolt it down to existing anchor points and add some rivnuts if required. Then I have the Xtm camp kitchen which I'd bolt to the floor. I couldn't find any 18mm thick plywood at bunnings but a sheet of 12mm requires minimal cutting

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X