Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 23-08-13
Resident

Took it in for a rego check today. All good - except for the window tinting. Too dark on all Windows. Minimum transmission required is 35% - mine are all 15%.

Edit: Complete Windscreens removed all the tinting in an hour, for $100 - got back to the inspection centre inside 2 hours of leaving, they didn't even walk over to the vehicle. Saw it as I drove in to the carpark, handed over the paperwork in the office and I was away again.

Stamp duty hurt.

Now have new numberplates. Black on white looks good on the car.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 09-09-13
Resident

Still no pics, but I'm continuing to ramble.

I've taken the fridge slide out of my shorty, and made it fit the NT. I thought I had plenty of space to play with, but you'd swear the storage system was built around the slide assembly. Even the fridge only just clears, yet I thought I had plenty of height. I still need to attack a few more bolts with the angle grinder - they've been cut off with bolt cutters, leaving some sharp edges that protrude a little further than I like.

So - fridge is in. But not powered up yet. Power is there, just need to decide how far to go with the electrics. Do I want a fuse block? Do I want the low-battery cut-out from my shorty?

Ultragauge is in, and temporarily bodged into place. Haven't spent enough time configuring it yet, but it's interesting snatching glances at fuel rail pressure, boost pressure and "kW2" (whatever that is...). For the record, I've seen 22000psi fuel rail, 22psi boost, and 160kW... Instantaneous fuel consumption is simply wrong - I must sort that out one day...

Inawise TPMS from the shorty is sitting in front of the transmission shifter, and powered up. Now I just need to install the pressure sensors, which I'll do when I buy the new tyres.

The brake controller has been removed, but I've installed a multi-pole connector so I can easily plug it back in if I need it. I'm not sure if it was working anyway - there was an open circuit buried inside the electrical tape. Sorting that out was an experience - it's interesting to see how others do their wiring. One circuit using black for permanent +12V, another using red to chassis. I'm slowly sorting out what's what, and have killed spotlights in the process. Oh, well...

Anybody want some H/Ts?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 09-09-13
Valued Member

I'm still setting up my Ultragague but there is a section to alter the fuel consumption, I still can't get it right.

I currently have displayed 6: KPH, Boost, Instantaneous fuel consumption, eng temp, battery voltage and intake temp.

Not 100% about this setup yet but I did have the EGR valve position until I had my blank plate fitted and a bit after to see how it actually works etc.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 15-10-13
Resident

Not a lot of progress to report, but at last some new pics.

I worked out that the aux battery was stuffed. Before I bought the NT, the dual battery looked like this:

I did some measurements, did some googling, bought a battery, learned to measure more accurately. I missed the lip on the bottom of the battery tray, so my nice new 85Ah AGM battery was about 5mm too long to fit. Fortunately, I have a good friend who can weld (all I can do is spatter bird shit and give myself sunburn) so extending the tray was a relatively simple modification. Then he welded a stud to replace the mounting bolt that wouldn't fit with the bigger battery. Then I discovered that new battery was also taller, so the mounting bracket for the Projecta would no longer fit where it was - leading to the welding of a second stud to the tray.

Thanks Pete!

Being a little on the slack side, it took me another week or two to paint the tray and get everything mounted back under the bonnet - then I had to work out how to connect it all, given that the new battery had M6 sockets rather than conventional battery posts.

I dug out some bits and pieces left over from a dear departed previous car, spent a bit more time contemplating over a beer or three, then cobbled together a solution over another couple of weekends. My aux battery now looks like this:

I've also been playing with a replacement for MMCS that I bought from Extnix. I've got a mod working that allows me to choose either Igo 8 or OziExplorer, but I haven't figured out how to get my car PC to display to the Aux video input. I'm thinking I should give up on that, and install it as it is. Maybe this weekend?

At some stage, I also need to get my hands on the Bushskinz sliders I bought from a fellow forumite - Dave (Pickle) collected them for me, but my idea of driving over to collect them doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon. I'll keep thinking about that one...

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 16-10-13
Valued Member

That's a great rig you've picked up. Great finding a vehicle where someone has done the hard work for you, especially when they've done a good job of it like it looks the previous owner has done on yours.
2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.
Old 25-10-13
Resident

Another update without pics...

I've been suspicious about my starting battery for a while now - leave the car too long (it's not my daily driver, and it doesn't even get a run each weekend) and it won't start. I thought it was the dud aux pulling it down, but I now know that was only wishful thinking...

Had it on charge for a few days, took it off last night to drive it out of the garage. Played with it outside for an hour or two, jumped back in to put it away, and it wouldn't start. Rolled it closer to the garage, put it on charge and went inside for a couple of hours. Went out, started it, took it for a spin, put it away on charge overnight. This morning, took it off charge before I went to work, checked the voltage at home tonight - 12.53V. OK.

Wouldn't start.

Back on charge, looking for a new battery.

In other news, it looks like I killed the Projecta by trying to jump start using the aux battery. Looks like I'm in the market for another controller - I like the Redarc BCDC range, but I have NFI where I would install it.

I'm also not overly fond of the price, especially given that I'm about to buy new tyres.

Did I mention I'm buying new tyres? A set of ST Maxx are going on in the morning, to make sure I'm ready for Jakem Farm in two weeks.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 26-10-13
Resident

Pics:

The seat covers that went in a few weeks ago, purchased from a forum member while I was in Brisbane to pick up the Paj:

This morning I had the new tyres fitted, so I found a nice spot to take a few photos this afternoon:

The tyre pressure sensors went in, and that's all working. The display isn't in a great spot, but it will do until I find some inspiration.

Measured the tread depth - 12mm to tread wear bars.

Checked speedo against GPS - as best I can tell, the speedo now reads about 2% high. A GPS 100km/h is about 102km/h on the speedo. Tyres are definitely noisier (no surprise there!), particularly in the bends. Overall, tyre noise isn't any louder than typical wind, engine or turbo noise, but it's easy to pick it if you're listening for it.

I also had a play with the Ultragauge, trying to get the fuel consumption matching the factory computer - I'm not impressed. On the way home this afternoon, as the factory average was ramping down, the Ultragauge average was higher, and ramping up. And the instantaneous readout is still producing ludicrous numbers.

Anyway, now I need to test this beast, see what it can really do. Two weeks!

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 26-10-13
Valued Member

How'd you go fitting the spare in? Have you got the spare wheel lift also? I am considering the ST Maxx next year when I get new tyres, just can't get over the price. The wife will NOT be happy.

I've managed to get my Ultragauge reasonably close to spot on while cruising, but compared to the factory one it responds quicker to my throttle movements and it doesn't read to as bigger extremes, such as the standard one goes down to roughly say 5L/100 while the UG is at 7 cruising both around 8-10 then accelerating and the factory one looks around 19-20 and the UG is reading 15. Which one is accurate? Who knows.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 27-10-13
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhyso View Post
How'd you go fitting the spare in? Have you got the spare wheel lift also?
I don't have the spare wheel lift, and the spare is in.

I didn't do it, and. the overall job took about an hour, including fitting the new battery, so I doubt they spent a lot of time modifying anything. Which means they either didn't need to make much change, or they did a rough job of whatever they did change.

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 03-11-13
Resident

I spent most of the weekend installing the new (to me) headunit - a Chinese double-din unit bought from fellow forumite Extnix. It took much longer than anticipated because I was determined to adapt the factory camera, but I got there. See here for details.

While I had the dash apart, I also installed a couple of USB sockets to run on-dash accessories, and a double cigarette lighter socket tucked into the driver's side corner of the dash. Currently, they're powering a dash cam, my Nexus 7 and my phone.

To cap off the day, I installed the most important accessory:

Scorpro Explorer Box