• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the dane
    • Oct 2017
    • AU

PS 2016 v 2017

Car we are looking at tomorrow is a 2016 made but still my2017?
    Is this correct? Any think be changed in this time to a brand new one coming of the ship this week?
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

One change is it's value. At that age (being over 6 months old, perhaps close to 12?), I assume it would be offered as a demo or used (not "brand new") & should be priced accordingly? Check Carsales to get a feel for prices offered in the market (& use this info to haggle).

Check warranty start date, when the first annual service is due, etc.

Check for repaired damage, hail repairs, etc.

Redbbook lists the specs for both cars if you wish to compare any differences in equipment, etc.

Don't get me wrong - it may well be a good buy at the right price, but be aware of exactly what you are buying.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• the dane
      • Oct 2017
      • AU

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      One change is it's value. At that age (being over 6 months old, perhaps close to 12?), I assume it would be offered as a demo or used (not "brand new") & should be priced accordingly? Check Carsales to get a feel for prices offered in the market (& use this info to haggle).

Check warranty start date, when the first annual service is due, etc.

Check for repaired damage, hail repairs, etc.

Redbbook lists the specs for both cars if you wish to compare any differences in equipment, etc.

Don't get me wrong - it may well be a good buy at the right price, but be aware of exactly what you are buying.
      Cheers its demo. 2016 =my2017 and now with $2000 mitsi bonus and free 3 year service

Comment

• akawoz
        • Sep 2017
        • Auckland, NZ

Here in Kiwi land I got a 2016 model - one of the things they do here is restart the 5+10 year new vehicle warranty from the date I purchased. No free service period though.

If its of any use, mine = 2016 PS VRX 7 seater, 15,000kms, I paid $48K.

Comment

• the dane
          • Oct 2017
          • AU

Originally posted by akawoz View Post
          Here in Kiwi land I got a 2016 model - one of the things they do here is restart the 5+10 year new vehicle warranty from the date I purchased. No free service period though.

If its of any use, mine = 2016 PS VRX 7 seater, 15,000kms, I paid $48K.
          Cheers mate. The 2 we are looking at are low kms, and $2k off straight away. Before we bargin or trade. So wait and see what happens. Its 1 hour away from where we live too. But my wife wants wine from the barossa valley, and i was thinking all the roads up that way are 90kms or more. Not our normal 50km areas

Comment

• dazbys
            • Jul 2018
            • Launceston

Originally posted by the dane View Post
            Car we are looking at tomorrow is a 2016 made but still my2017?
            Is this correct? Any think be changed in this time to a brand new one coming of the ship this week?
            Cheers

I've got a similar question. What have the changes been with the MY updates. For 2017, I think it was just the intro of 7 seat options, but the latest builds have the adaptive cruise on more models I believe

Can anyone confirm? My local dealer has a couple of batches of vehicles with 20k and about 35k, priced in mid-high $30k range, and I'm not sure how the feature set changes with MY.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Don't want this to cause a fight but a 2016 built is a 2016 not a 2017. Especially when it comes to resale.

Check the month it was built as now it's at least 19 months old.
              Last edited by BruceandBobbi; 10-07-18, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                • Mar 2018
                • Western Australia

I would be looking for a BIG discount for a 2016 build vehicle.

I paid $39,000 for a brand new (not demo) December 2017 build 5 seat PS GLX with metalic paint in February 2018.

Be aware that demo models can have problems. They can have been used in photo shoots along salt water beaches, driven by don't care journalists along rough fire trails and generally thrashed before being given to a dealer to sell. They can have been damaged in transit and repaired, or have had mechanical problems and been repaired.
                On the other hand they can be the sales managers vehicle and only be driven gently to work each day.
                You take your chances.

Comment

• bugeater
                  • Jun 2018
                  • Melbourne

Though a lot of demos haven't even been driven. I suspect these were "bought" by the dealerships to hit sales targets. Mine is a demo and had maybe 10 km on the clock. Main downside is the warranty starts ticking from sale.

Comment

• Brendo83
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Brisbane

Had Brissy dealer offer brand new PS glx 2018 drive away 39k no extras

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X