• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

NP gone welcome NX 2016

Well it was time, the old reliable NP is to be sold on Gumtree and just bought 2016 NX
    Graphite, towbar, nudge bar, mats visors.
    Think I got a pretty good deal $49500 drive away, Melville Mitsubshi Perth demo model 2,900km on the clock
    Last edited by hinsch; 15-12-16, 07:23 PM. Reason: wrong title
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• marco888
        • Jun 2016
        • nsw

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
        Well it was time, the old reliable NP is to be sold on Gumtree and just bought 2016 NX
        Graphite, towbar, nudge bar, mats visors.
        Think I got a pretty good deal $49500 drive away, Melville Mitsubshi Perth demo model 2,900km on the clock
        I am jealous mate. Spent 1k more than you got a 45km on clock with nothing but a full tank.

Mine is built in NOV 2015 and I got her in May 2016. I have to say I am in a very rush when I make the decision. Luckily Paj has been proven reliable.
        MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

I suspect hinsch got such a good deal because it's a "run-out" of the MY16, before the intro of the MY17.

I suspect that it will turn out to be an especially sweet deal, because I think the MY17 could be a backwards step, and the MY16 will represent a "high point" in the Pajero's evolution.

Well done.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• green troll
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Congrats on the NX. Sounds like a great deal.

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Awesome stuff. How come for me, gumtree only attracts units? I'll be going car sales next time., just too many dipshits on the tree for my liking.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                Awesome stuff. How come for me, gumtree only attracts units? I'll be going car sales next time., just too many dipshits on the tree for my liking.
                X2 - Carsales is well worth the money IMO.
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• spiderpig
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  True that, you should try selling a dirtbike on there, attracts a whole new level of dipshit

Comment

• hinsch
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Perth

Sharkcaver
                    correct x3 had a commodore for sale VT VGC very low km , this young guy on the phone telling me the engine would be stuffed will need replacing because its been doing burnouts, gearbox has been trashed, will need new tyres, I let him talk crap for 10minutes selected a few nouns and verbs and politely hung up.
                    If he already knew so much about it and it is such a shit vehicle why did he waste 50cents for the phone call.

Secondly did you fit an EGR SPV module to your NX, if so did you buy from SPV industries, any good I read on this forum it is the first mod, NP has a blanking plate, homemade stainless steel plate works a treat cheap to.
                    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
                      Sharkcaver
                      correct x3 had a commodore for sale VT VGC very low km , this young guy on the phone telling me the engine would be stuffed will need replacing because its been doing burnouts, gearbox has been trashed, will need new tyres, I let him talk crap for 10minutes selected a few nouns and verbs and politely hung up.
                      If he already knew so much about it and it is such a shit vehicle why did he waste 50cents for the phone call.

Secondly did you fit an EGR SPV module to your NX, if so did you buy from SPV industries, any good I read on this forum it is the first mod, NP has a blanking plate, homemade stainless steel plate works a treat cheap to.
                      Yes, I fitted the SPVi egr over ride. Purchased direct from Tony. If you need his email I should have it somewhere, failing that its on the forum. As for any good, well one wont know until they pull their manifold apart I guess, but the ultragauge shows it is staying closed, so it has to be doing something?????

The ultragauge is another worthy addition. The ability to clear CEL's is invaluable. Clear one fault and you have probably paid for itself. I had a u1100 fault come up when I installed suspension (battery disconnected for some time). Ultragauge cleared that. No doubt, that would have cost me $100 for MMA to hook up their muttIII to clear it.

Ultragauge wont clear some codes though and only engine codes. Tranny, srs etc still need a muttIII.
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Lost1
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Melbourne

Hey Hinsch, good result to get it for that price. Now the fun begins.

I would give gumtree a miss when selling the NP. Sold the old mans car last year. Similar story to what others have already said when advertising on gumtree. I got genuine callers from the Carsales add. Good luck.
                        09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

• Mundy55
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2015
                          • Gold Coast

I sold my Disco last year on Carsales and agree I had several genuinely interested callers. However, also had a scammer who claimed to be a sailor on a boat who needed to get the 4wd shipped to where he lived in Darwin. Said the shipper needed the money up front but he didn't have the means to make the payment from the ship. He wanted me to pay the shipper and add the cost to the sale price. That didn't prevent him from sending me a provisional payment advice which was subject to me making the payment. This was suspicious enough but the scam became obvious when the shipper payment was to be make by wire transfer via Western Union to somewhere overseas. This transaction is irreversible.

Apart from the annoyance of the dishonesty of it, it wasted 4 or 5 days of time from other genuine buyers until the scam became obvious. I should have realised earlier, of course, when he didn't negotiate on the price.

So, keep your wits about you, even on Carsales.

Comment

• spot01
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
                            I sold my Disco last year on Carsales and agree I had several genuinely interested callers. However, also had a scammer who claimed to be a sailor on a boat who needed to get the 4wd shipped to where he lived in Darwin. Said the shipper needed the money up front but he didn't have the means to make the payment from the ship. He wanted me to pay the shipper and add the cost to the sale price. That didn't prevent him from sending me a provisional payment advice which was subject to me making the payment. This was suspicious enough but the scam became obvious when the shipper payment was to be make by wire transfer via Western Union to somewhere overseas. This transaction is irreversible.

Apart from the annoyance of the dishonesty of it, it wasted 4 or 5 days of time from other genuine buyers until the scam became obvious. I should have realised earlier, of course, when he didn't negotiate on the price.

So, keep your wits about you, even on Carsales.
                            I've had several scammers through Gumtree - one "was on an oil rig", another was "at a mine without phone access" - ignore anything like these, particularly where they claim not to have phone access. My policy is if they won't give me their phone number to call back on, or if anything sounds fishy, I ignore them. I try to verify their details are genuine, eg, check their White Pages entry, google their name &/or phone no, they should ask questions to demonstrate they have been studying the car and are genuinely interested, ask them questions, etc. Follow your instinct. Carsales has much better security filtering, but nothing is perfect.
                            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• werner
                              • Jul 2008

Put my NH up for sale 2 days ago. Within 8 hours 4 out 5 scammers with the same story including Navy vet deplying and FIFo and Oil rigger

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X