• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr C
    • Feb 2008
    • Newcastle

NP Exceed SatNav

Hello there, I am thinking of replacing the Eurovox Satnav,CD,DVD unit in my Exceed. It is a double din unit with reversing camera etc, you know the deal. Anyway, has anyone replaced theirs....what did you use. I am wanting a system that you can easily update the mapping....my main reason for wanting to get rid of the OEM unit.
    Nig
    2005 NP V6 Exceed.....first mod....get the tail lights working
  • tinks
    • Jan 2009
    • Sth East Melbourne

I have the same problem, and wanting to update mine too, I did see a good one somewhere but do you think i can remember where???!!! as soon as i do i will post the details for you
    2005 NP V6 Exceed, 2"lift, BFG AT's, uniden uhf, 3 way fridge, semi offroad camper, proficiency course and proficiency plus course, plus wish list

Comment

• Mr C
      • Feb 2008
      • Newcastle

Thanks Tink, I was looking at a few on ebay...... Chinese though, and they may be to hard to get updates for, but I liked the features. I think I want touch screen this time.

Nig

Comment

• Mr C
        • Feb 2008
        • Newcastle

This ones looks OK, but no 4X4 off road features

Comment

• Stroker
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Glenorie NSW

Hi Mr C

I think the head unit is fine, the quality on the TV/DVD and rev camera is excellent it's the hard drive (under passenger seat)and software that needs replacing with something disc upgradeable that will talk to the head unit. Thats what I,d be looking for if you want to perserve with it.....
          Good luck

Cheers Glenn
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• Mr C
            • Feb 2008
            • Newcastle

Hey glenn cheers mate. I thought about trying to do an upgrade to the OEM satnav........but after talking to the people that bought out Eurovox gave up. They said they had looked at providing an upgrade but said it was just to hard, being that the software was written in a non windows environment.

So basically I am looking to replace the whole thing with a more modern approach, eg. touch screen, map upgrades. But I agree with you, the head unit is very good. Maybe someone here who is a wizz on computers can get something to work. I would be will to pay nicely for a plug in unit under the seat.

Nig

Comment

• Stroker
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Glenorie NSW

MrC

It just can't be that hard, I,m surprised someone doesnt offer a replacement I,m sure there is plenty of people in the same situation they must have sold plenty of NM/NP Exceeds, someone will have an answer.
              I gave up and got a Tomtom, couldnt face all the drama.

Cheers Glenn
              NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• simoncurly
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide SA

i was looking to put a unit on my NP GLX .. Pioneer used to have double DIN unit http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/N...avigation.aspx.. but it wasn't cheap .....should be able to get one for around 3 grand .....ended up just getting a DVD player and reversing camera and a handheld garmin GPS that will do routing in a pinch ...since the response about fitting the pioneer unit by local "experts" didn't fill me with confidence ... (moving/rerouting/extending of heater control cables)

Comment

• Mr C
                  • Feb 2008
                  • Newcastle

Yum....Nice unit that Pioneer SatNav, I want one. Will certainly replace what comes OEM, just need to stretch my bank balance further hehehe

Nig

Comment

• tinks
                    • Jan 2009
                    • Sth East Melbourne

I think i remember where i saw a good one, it was in one of my 4wd magazines??? I will grab them out tonight and have a look and from memory it was a lot cheaper than that pioneer one.
                    2005 NP V6 Exceed, 2"lift, BFG AT's, uniden uhf, 3 way fridge, semi offroad camper, proficiency course and proficiency plus course, plus wish list

Comment

• Mr C
                      • Feb 2008
                      • Newcastle

Cool thanks tinks

Nig

Comment

• tinks
                        • Jan 2009
                        • Sth East Melbourne

Ok I found it of course last magazine i looked it!!! Its in the Feb edition of 4x4 australia. Its an AVNC in dash GPS i think i have found the right website as there was no contact details i could see so googled it.

This is the product review. The magazine says it has a RRP of $1990 compared to ya $3000+ for the pioneer i thought that was pretty good.

Comment

• tinks
                          • Jan 2009
                          • Sth East Melbourne

Contact number for nsw 02 99992313 website www.vms4x4.com

Comment

• RovingTech
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Darwin

I found out from them that they even manufacture an adaptor cable to connect the unit to the original wiring
                            2005 NP Exceed DiD .TJM Alloy Bull Bar. Dual Battery
                            TX3440 UHF. Airtec Snorkel and false floor. Intercooler and sump guard.

Comment

Had a good look at their web site and this one really seems to be a winner.

I had been looking at the imports on eBay but didn't have the confidence that they would be supported. The built in off road navigation will probably seal the deal for me in the end - no more fiddling with Oziexplorer on the side!

Has anyone out there got one?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X