X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mongo
    • Apr 2020
    • Sunshine Coast

Hi everybody and thanks for letting us join recently, we have been keenly reading all the great info that can be found here for the past few weeks, we finally took possession of our first ever Pajero last week which is a 2017 GLS with 55k on the clock which we are absolutely loving do far, we intend to accessorise it to set up for free camping and off-roading. So far we have ordered TJM Airtec snorkel, colour coded ARB Deluxe combo Bar, Rhino Platform with backbone, we also had King Gator wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers fitted today which leads us to our first lot of questions, do many of you run the Ridge Grapplers? What do you think of them? We were told they aren’t very noisy but our drive home this afternoon I found them to be noisy, do they settle in a bit and some of the noise fade away? I hope so!
    Look forward to hearing what your thoughts are.
    Cheers.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Welcome Mongo,

The Nitto Ridge Grappler is a heavy duty hybrid AT/MT tyre, similar to Cooper ST Maxx, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3, Dick Cepek FC II, Kumho MT51 and Goodyear DuraTrac.
    All of these tyre's are noisy and they get noiser as they wear, to keep the noise down you need to have a very good wheel alignment and do a 5 tyre rotation every 5,000kms other wise you can get heel and toe wear on the front tyre's.

The Gen 3/4 monocoque body construction is very sensitive to tyre noise compared with the traditional body on chassis construction.

What size and offset are the King Gator rims? If the offset has widened the track too much then the change in scrub radius can increase tyre noise when cornering.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Mongo
      • Apr 2020
      • Sunshine Coast

Tyres are 265/65/R18 not sure of the offset but to look at and sight them in relation to the edge of the wheel arches they look similar as the originals. I’m sure I’ll get used to them, I’ll have too!
      Thanks for the reply OJ
      Cheers Jason.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X