• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

windscreen washer nozzles

Has anyone removed these do they just pop out? ie do I just disconnect the tubing from under the bonnet and than pull up to remove the nozzle units from the bonnet?

Reason is I inadvertently added to much bugsNbar concentrate to the mix of water in the washer bottle and some of it has 'crystalised' and clogged the jets on the passenger side.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Try a sewing needle into the nozzle if you have not tried that yet. That often removes blockages.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Stroker
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Glenorie NSW

Hi Craka

I had exactly the same problem on my NP all gunked up with some green goo; I assume its the same squirter on the NS and yes they were a bugger to get out. I couldn't clear mine with a needle either as there is a right angle turn inside the squirter from memory

Good luck Glenn
      NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Yeah tried the sewing needle trick, it cleared the drivers side as for some reason hadn't got as blocked, unfortunately it hasn't worked on the passengers side.

Has anyone removed the nozzle blocks from the car do the pull out or twist out etc? I don't want to force them and stuff them up that's all. Stoker how did you get the nozzle unitts out of the bonnet??

Comment

• Stroker
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Glenorie NSW

Hi Craka

Like you I didn't want to bust them so I just did as much as possible with a needle and then blew it out with a compressed air gun from the bonnet side backwards of course and with the supply hose disconnected,
          Later on though I did get them off but can't remember how and I just tried to get one off tonight after I saw your post and couldn't do it
          Attached Files
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• herbi40
            • Feb 2012
            • brisbane

washers

try a air nozzle to push air from the top / windscreen side out the bottem to unclog the gunk. I other words push it in reverse as the nozle is smaller than the line.

Comment

• NFT5
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Canberra

The jet bodies have two small barbs which hold them in place. To remove you need to press in the barbs from underneath and they'll pop up out of the holes. Bent long nose pliers usually work well if you can't get your fingers in there but don't squeeze too hard and damage them.
              Chris

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

Thanks for the replies guys. Will try the compressed air trick first than if no luck will try and remove as NTF5 described.

Comment

• mbr8877
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Mid Nth Coast NSW

This works for NT.

Bonnet closed, push on the washer nozzle end in a direction towards front of car and a slight upward motion. The nozzle end will pop up. Pull it back gently and front of nozzle will release from the squared end of hole. The water hose is easily disconnected, don't worry if it goes in the cavity as it's simple to push back through from under bonnet.

Reinstall in reverse order. You will hear it click into place when the nozzle end is gently pushed down.

To clean nozzle I strip the insulation from some 2.5mm stranded electrical building cable. About 3cms is enough then use the individual strands to push into nozzle. The copper is soft so less damage and it will bend somewhat to conform to the shape of the jet. I then blow it with compressed air in opposite direction of water flow.

To adjust nozzle direction I use a needle size larger than the copper strand that snuggly fits jet diameter. Its like an eyeball socket so each
                  jet can be directed as required.

Like many things, it's easy when you know how. Hope this helps.
                  Cheers
                  Mike
                  Last edited by mbr8877; 18-04-14, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• joseph-ahd
                    • Mar 2016
                    • Lebanon

Originally posted by mbr8877 View Post
                    This works for NT.

Bonnet closed, push on the washer nozzle end in a direction towards front of car and a slight upward motion. The nozzle end will pop up. Pull it back gently and front of nozzle will release from the squared end of hole. The water hose is easily disconnected, don't worry if it goes in the cavity as it's simple to push back through from under bonnet.

Reinstall in reverse order. You will hear it click into place when the nozzle end is gently pushed down.

To clean nozzle I strip the insulation from some 2.5mm stranded electrical building cable. About 3cms is enough then use the individual strands to push into nozzle. The copper is soft so less damage and it will bend somewhat to conform to the shape of the jet. I then blow it with compressed air in opposite direction of water flow.

To adjust nozzle direction I use a needle size larger than the copper strand that snuggly fits jet diameter. Its like an eyeball socket so each
                    jet can be directed as required.

Like many things, it's easy when you know how. Hope this helps.
                    Cheers
                    Mike
                    Worked for me. Thanks.

Used one of the rigid conductors of a 2.5mm electrical cable (without removing the nozzle).

Cheers
                    Last edited by joseph-ahd; 20-08-16, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Seigried
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2016
                      • brisbane

Try this, it worked for me. Get an old spring from inside of a pen. The thinner the spring wire the better. Stretch it out and feed it into the sprayer nozzle. Then use it to scrape the inside of the nozzle in a filing motion.

Comment

• fewa
                        • Jun 2012
                        • Melbourne

I just use one of the hairs (wires) from the old wire brush, just pull a hair from the brush

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X