• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebelone607
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Urunga NSW

Nice Job - now you can do one for me Just have a couple of concerns though and that is the fairlead looks to be obscuring the number plate substantialy and also because it protrudes from the front of the B.B. is it legal? I know here in NSW you are not allowed to have any protusion from the front bar - rod holders etc fall into this category - something to do with leaving an impression on pedestrians if you know what I mean. Would be a shame to go to all that work fitting one up and then have it knocked back at the next rego inspection.
    Merv
    Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
    Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Comment

• Catchin Jack
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2012
      • Central Coast NSW

Originally posted by Gus View Post
      Can't see why not as long as the winch is mounted to the cradle.. & support/reinforce the bar..
      In saying that I'd be checking with the manufactures of the smart bar as they may have a winch kit for the NM..

Gus
      There's no winch kit for a smart bar for the NM. I've already spoken to them and it's only for later model bars they sell.

Cheers
      Leo

Comment

• Phil
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2008
        • Sydney

Spot on Leo, NS model and onwards.
        MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• HaydenT
          • Mar 2012
          • Burwood

Originally posted by rebelone607 View Post
          Just have a couple of concerns though and that is the fairlead looks to be obscuring the number plate substantialy and also because it protrudes from the front of the B.B. is it legal? I know here in NSW you are not allowed to have any protusion from the front bar - rod holders etc fall into this category - something to do with leaving an impression on pedestrians if you know what I mean. Would be a shame to go to all that work fitting one up and then have it knocked back at the next rego inspection.
          Merv
          rebelone607,
          Yeah thanks, food for thought. Had a look around Vicroads site and after sifting through almost everything about bull bars I cant seem to find anything regarding protrusions. I will go get it checked by Vicroads. Because if it fails the price of a fine would almost be the same as the price for conversion kit to change it to dyneema rope. The dyneema rope fair lead is basically a flat smooth slot so it would not protrude.

On the other hand I just remembered that I took the 2 stock rubber bumper pieces of the front of the bar when I was working on it, so with those put back on they would be protruding the most. Making it a GREY area of the law.

As for the number plate, from a standing position you can read it as close as a metre away before it gets obstructed by the fair lead. So hopefully no issues there.

Cheers
          9 stage adjustable Tough Dog 2" Lift, 33" MT's & 31" AT's, Custom bash plate and sump guards, UHF, 12000lb Winch, Bullbar, LED Interior, Rear cargo draws and barrier, Rock sliders, Scrub bars, Air Compressor & 19L tank, Flat roof rack, Lightforce 240 Blitz', Boost gauge, Upgraded turbo 15T, EGR Mods, Custom top mount intercooler with in out temp gauge, plenty of battle scars

Comment

• MrWickid
            • May 2009
            • Bairnsdale

What a tease! That is exactly what I have been looking for, and my exact bull bar too. If you ever go into production let me know, I'll be your first customer as I too do not wish to replace my bull bar, but do desperately want a winch.
            2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD Manual

Dual batteries, dual fuel tanks, alloy bull bar, Uniden UHF,
            Narva Ultima 225 Blue spotlights & Narva LED Headlights,
            265/75 R16 BFG M/T KM2 tyres, K&N High Flow Filter,
            50mm raised Lovells coils & Bilstein shocks, Polyair airbags,
            Heavy duty clutch & solid flywheel, Safebrake braided brake lines,
            DBA T3 slotted rotors, Waeco CF50DZ, Navman MY75T with HEMA maps.

Comment

• my.paj
              • Dec 2010
              • Tullamarine

I am curious as to how the bolt was fitted in pic 3 post 11, did you use a crush tube? and the same for bolt at bottom inside the rail.
              Rick
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Herman4x4
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Melton, Victoria

Gday Rick,
                In pic 2 it looks like there is a tube between the winch crandle and bracket.. You can see it near the earth clamp.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.
                Cheers,
                Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• my.paj
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Tullamarine

That tube is for the bar mounts, in this mount you will find it has 2 bolt holes on each side that look like they go through the chassis.
                  Rick
                  Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                  New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Shakey1080
                    • May 2016
                    • Canberra

winch mount

Hi haydent
                    mate i have a nl pajero with a alloy bullbar non winch compatible
                    my question is how's your setup holding up to the use
                    plus was it hard to do any advice or tips
                    you dont have any measurements i need to keep in mind

Many thanks daz
                    Last edited by Shakey1080; 11-05-16, 01:48 PM. Reason: wrong member
                    NS Pajero 07 4M41

Comment

• Herman4x4
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • Melton, Victoria

G'day Shakey1080,
                      It was HaydenT that fabricated up the winch cradle. I have a ARB winch bar.
                      Cheers,
                      Andrew

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
                      Cheers,
                      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Shakey1080
                        • May 2016
                        • Canberra

Yeah i just noticed that sorry
                        NS Pajero 07 4M41

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X