• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Originally posted by womble View Post
    I Have an ARB bar on my 2016 NX. I agree the ARB DRL's are pitifull. I only wish that the factory ones could have gone in. I am looking at trying to source some replacement DRL's
    Do the lights that come with the bar switch correctly, ie switch between DRL and parkers when the headlights are on?
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Smart winch bar plus 9,500lb runva winch with rope combined weight 76Kg.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        Smart winch bar plus 9,500lb runva winch with rope combined weight 76Kg.
        Yeah, big reason for looking at that option.

What does the Runva weigh? I was thinking of going down the Sherpa path with a steel bar ~ 19kg for the winch . Be even lighter with a SB and Sherpa combo but I think it was pwoffey that mentioned the SB doesn't fit the Sherpa easily nor without compromise.
        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Winch weighs in at 31Kg.

Comment

• Peterng
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
            Yeah, big reason for looking at that option.

What does the Runva weigh? I was thinking of going down the Sherpa path with a steel bar ~ 19kg for the winch . Be even lighter with a SB and Sherpa combo but I think it was pwoffey that mentioned the SB doesn't fit the Sherpa easily nor without compromise.

I have noticed that Smart Bar have the Stealth Bar for the new Ford Ranger and Mazada that does not have the loop bars.
            It is quiet a nice piece of kit with all the advantages of weight over the front end, position for a winch and accessories.
            I sent a email to smart Bar to see if they will be expanding the vehicle range ie Pajero,for this model of Bar. Their response was a decision will be made in early 2017 if they will go ahead.
            I will be waiting eagerly for their public announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• pharb
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Tyers,Vic

Picked up my ARB bar a week or so ago for my new to me NX. Now just need time to fit.
              I have weighed the bar though - 60kg, including the box with all the bracketry etc.

Note the NX bar is a cross between the previous Delux bar and the new, more expensive (better, or just dearer?) Summit bar, and uses elleptic lights so harder to replace with non ARB lights.

ARB got sick of me asking why the cheaper NS, T, W bar wouldn't fit the NX
              PCOV Member 1107.
              Daily driver NX GLX
              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• DT6061
                • May 2015
                • Tea Gardens

Minus weight of original bar, 60 kg doesn't seem too bad. I am heading down the ARB path also and was told by local 4X4 shop that Stedi are bringing out an LED fog/DRL to suit the ARB NX bar. He suggested I not order the arb fogs if I was prepared to wait a couple of months for the Stedis.
                2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by womble View Post
                  I Have an ARB bar on my 2016 NX. I agree the ARB DRL's are pitifull. I only wish that the factory ones could have gone in. I am looking at trying to source some replacement DRL's
                  Totally agree. I have a dark coloured car and with HID headlights on I still can't be seen well from the other direction on the highway.
                  I rely on the DRLs for highway visibility and they are woeful. I'll be changing mine in the future as well when I get a suitable solution.

As other said above, normally I am happy with ARB products, but an ARB bar on an NX is a regret.
                  2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                  2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                  Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                    Totally agree. I have a dark coloured car and with HID headlights on I still can't be seen well from the other direction on the highway.
                    I rely on the DRLs for highway visibility and they are woeful. I'll be changing mine in the future as well when I get a suitable solution.

As other said above, normally I am happy with ARB products, but an ARB bar on an NX is a regret.
                    Yes, M & M is correct his new NX disappears into the bitumen, DLR are ineffective on a bright day past 200 metres, HID head lights on low beam also have little contrast at 300 metres, the only way to see him is when HID high beam is on. In stark contrast the NT/NW with normal quartz halogen lights on low beam can easily be seen 500+ metres away.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• womble
                      • Apr 2012
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                      Do the lights that come with the bar switch correctly, ie switch between DRL and parkers when the headlights are on?
                      Yes they do, however once again they are nothing special and the factory DRL's would have been a better option for them to have worked with
                      2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
                        • Mar 2016
                        • Perth

FWIW, I bought my NT used with an ARB commercial bar on the front of it.
                        If I had the cash flow and the time, I wouldn't hesitate to go and order a winch-compatible Smartbar to replace it and sell the ARB bar.

The more I read up on the Smartbar the more it just seems to make sense.
                        I understand it's a controversial topic but this is the conclusion I have come to.

The only possible issue is winch compatibility which has been mentioned: I have a very specific winch in mind if I ever get to that stage, and all I can really do is hope that it will fit - or be prepared to make it fit!
                        '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

• Amok
                          • Dec 2016
                          • Sydney

Spoke to ARB today. $2400 for a Summit bar, another $2000 for the required suspension upgrade. 😔 I've spent enough money on the car and all my camping gear lately.
                          MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• J0N0
                            • May 2016
                            • Karratha W.A.

i went with the ARB bar for my new NX Exceed. had to wait 3 weeks for it to be made and sent from the east to west.

Had the Paj 2 weeks and put the bar to use. just south of nanutarra roadhouse on the NW Coastal Highway (1200km north of Perth) i snotted a roo approx 5ft. Hit it just left of centre.

i managed to bend the number plate a bit and smash the left light housing (but not the light) in the roo bar. FYI, the plastic housings cost $107 for a replacement pair.

That very moment the bar had paid for its self. had i not had any frontal protection it would have done some serious damage to the car and being 2am and still 400km away from Karratha i would not have been too happy.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by J0N0; 20-01-17, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

off topic, but yesterday I mentioned in this thread about a gen 4 on the CSR with a cracked bonnet support cross member. As luck would have it, this pic was shared with me later that day from an unrelated source. It turns out it was a gen 3, not a gen 4. Would love to get a copy of that bonnet being roped down to hold it in place. With this cross member fractured, the bonnet wouldn't secure. I believe it was cracked on the other side as well.

Anyway, on with the thread.
                              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• pharb
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by Amok View Post
                                Spoke to ARB today. $2400 for a Summit bar, another $2000 for the required suspension upgrade. 😔 I've spent enough money on the car and all my camping gear lately.
                                They didn't even offer me a Summit bar when I ordered my Deluxe bar just before Christmas, and I didn't enquire either because they don't list one in their online price list. Not that I would want one if it was another $400 than my Deluxe bar

Suspension upgrade is already planned anyway.
                                PCOV Member 1107.
                                Daily driver NX GLX
                                Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                                Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                                Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X