• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gen1
    • Nov 2012
    • Melbourne

Fault code

So I picked up my new NX a few days ago and this afternoon I have my first fault code. I noticed the car had no power, the transmission was changing up at 2000rpm regardless of my input and N light in gear indicator display was flashing. I have a Bluetooth dongle and the torque app and it was showing a fault U1100. Can bus timeout according to google. Anyone else experienced this? Google also suggests the dongle was blamed as a cause by a few on this forum
    2016 NX GLX. ARB bullbar, Safari snorkel, dual batteries, diesel prefilter, flashlube catch can, FrontRunner rack with foxwing awning and custom under awning lights, towbar, Drifta Drawers, Terrain Tamer suspension
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by gen1 View Post
    So I picked up my new NX a few days ago and this afternoon I have my first fault code. I noticed the car had no power, the transmission was changing up at 2000rpm regardless of my input and N light in gear indicator display was flashing. I have a Bluetooth dongle and the torque app and it was showing a fault U1100. Can bus timeout according to google. Anyone else experienced this? Google also suggests the dongle was blamed as a cause by a few on this forum

I have been told any code reading starting with U on a Pajero is pretty much a wank code.

Ours throws U codes occasionally. Wouldn't know they were there till I have to clear a P code.

Comment

• gen1
      • Nov 2012
      • Melbourne

welll i certainly know this is there! Can't rev it past 2000rpm and the shift quality is terrible. No issues clearing it with Torque app i hope, just wondering what it was
      2016 NX GLX. ARB bullbar, Safari snorkel, dual batteries, diesel prefilter, flashlube catch can, FrontRunner rack with foxwing awning and custom under awning lights, towbar, Drifta Drawers, Terrain Tamer suspension

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

welll i certainly know this is there! Can't rev it past 2000rpm and the shift quality is terrible. No issues clearing it with Torque app i hope, just wondering what it was

Torque should clear it.

This is from MM service.

I used to get them on my scanguage with no effect.

Comment

• Hatto
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Mandurah WA

I'm pretty sure that was the code I was getting occasionally until I chaged a setting in torque app. It was info I got off this forum so ill have a look and see if I can find a link to the thread. Also, don't leave torque running and the dongle in the port when you fuel up otherwise it'll throw a wobbly!
          Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
          ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Hatto
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Mandurah WA

Here it is. This worked for me anyway. Haven't had a code or limp mode since.

Cheers, Hatto

ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

Pretty sure disco is right. Here is the link where someone had similar issue with torque pro, and how it was resolved.
              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• gen1
                • Nov 2012
                • Melbourne

Cheers everyone. I don't have that menu option on my torque app, but I'm only using the free version, I wanted to try it out first. I guess the option to change protocol is in the paid version. I cleared the codes no problem and carried on. Will update the app when I have wifi again and go from there, but at least it's nothing major!

Comment

• Wazza430
                  • Jul 2015
                  • Port Pirie S.A.

Had the same problem 2 weeks ago. I had no cruise control as well. Had no issues before I stopped in Pt Augusta but as soon as I started the car, the fault came up. I cleared the codes and everything was good again. Im assuming the dongle was the problem but 1 must never assume...lol.
                  MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• fester
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Wazza430 View Post
                    Had the same problem 2 weeks ago. I had no cruise control as well. Had no issues before I stopped in Pt Augusta but as soon as I started the car, the fault came up. I cleared the codes and everything was good again. Im assuming the dongle was the problem but 1 must never assume...lol.
                    Did you have it set up with the changed protocols before this happened wazza???

Comment

• fester
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that was the code I was getting occasionally until I chaged a setting in torque app. It was info I got off this forum so ill have a look and see if I can find a link to the thread. Also, don't leave torque running and the dongle in the port when you fuel up otherwise it'll throw a wobbly!
                      How does it manage to get upset from refuelling, and is this with the changed protocols as previously mentioned.????

Comment

• Wazza430
                        • Jul 2015
                        • Port Pirie S.A.

Originally posted by fester View Post
                        Did you have it set up with the changed protocols before this happened wazza???
                        No. All I done with the car running was click on the settings on top right hand corner and pressed " clear codes". There was another message after but didnt worry about it. Car was running good before I stopped then started again and still running great now.
                        MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Hatto
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by fester View Post
                          How does it manage to get upset from refuelling, and is this with the changed protocols as previously mentioned.????
                          SInce changing protocols I don't think I have filled up with the dongle in the port or at least with the torque app running. Don't know why fueling makes it throw a wobbly but I did read about it on here somewhere. I changed protocols about a year ago and it has been faultless. Only use torque when towing or beach driving or 4wding in generAl. Not all the time
                          Cheers, Hatto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X