• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poite91
    • Jan 2017
    • Adelaide

Nongenuine wiring harness for NX towbar

Hi all.

I have a NX pajero and I picked up a Milford towbar from a guy that had it fitted 3 weeks before getting a long range tank fitted and it didn't fit with the towbar so he sold the towbar to me. I didn't get the wiring harness with it so now I'm looking for one. I can get a universal one from hayman reese pretty cheap or a genuine mitsubishi one for $290 or a Milford one for $200. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket wiring harnesses.

Thanks Pete.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Poite91 View Post
    Hi all.

I have a NX pajero and I picked up a Milford towbar from a guy that had it fitted 3 weeks before getting a long range tank fitted and it didn't fit with the towbar so he sold the towbar to me. I didn't get the wiring harness with it so now I'm looking for one. I can get a universal one from hayman reese pretty cheap or a genuine mitsubishi one for $290 or a Milford one for $200. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with aftermarket wiring harnesses.

Thanks Pete.
    Whatever you get make sure you also get an electric brake loom as well and have it fitted at the same time. Most find the Redarc towpro elite to be excellent. Installing it along with the wiring loom will save time, frustration and money. I only used genuine MM parts for critical areas such as wiring.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

I agree with Dicko1. If you are likely to need a brake controller I would strongly recommend the genuine tow harness and brake harness, and to install both at the same time. Its not an easy install but avoids problems with the car computer. There are a couple of comprehensive threads on this which you should read. Even without the brake harness I'd recommend the genuine tow harness for the same reason.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X