Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 09-04-20
Administrator

Default Stay Home

I know how we all are affected by Covid 19, so the message is over Easter if possible Stay Home.
Our club (Pajero Club) was going to have our bi annual Muster up Mansfeild this year. And I was so looking forward to it after a busy start to the year but alas was cancelled. So I will be buffing out the pin stripes and catch up on some maintenance on the Paj over Easter getting prepared for Queens Birthday wknd. Hope all our forum members keep safe whilst we go through this difficult period and Im sure we will be out and about showing off our squeaky clean Pajero's to the masses in no time.
Admin
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

Good advice, Dave.

I'll be at home or in my shop, by myself with the "Sorry, we're closed" sign in the window.

Stay safe. Stay at home.
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

I just heard a truckie talking to 3AW and he said the number of cravans leaving Melbourne and heading to South Gippy this afternoon was incredible. Some people, seriously.

We're supposed to be in Bright but are staying put. We also cancelled our 6 week trek around SA and the Flinders last month.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I just heard a truckie talking to 3AW and he said the number of cravans leaving Melbourne and heading to South Gippy this afternoon was incredible. Some people,
And I heard on Sydney radio as I was driving back to Melbourne from Canberra this morning from work, a woman from Wodonga calling in saying she couldn’t believe the number of caravans passing through going north. She painted a picture of many people ignoring the advice.

I couldn’t believe it either - I saw a total of five all the way down to the border from Yass (obviously when I had clear views of the opposite direction traffic), and two of those were on the back of a truck.

The mayor in Mornington didn’t support the truckies claim when interviewed later by 3AW in as far as caravans heading to the Mornington Peninsula.

Just saying ..... I reckon most people are doing the right thing.
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

I think the truckie I heard was more in the Koo Wee Rup area so they'd be heading down the South Gippy hwy. I think people would be ultra crazy toi try the Mornington peninsula.

Still, regardless of that, it seems there are a number who just think it's their right to flout the laws.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 09-04-20
Valued Member

I'm not exactly sure where you would go anyway?

In QLD anyhow you would have to camp on side of road I guess.

You can't go to National Parks, Caravan Parks, Islands, Cape York & all camp grounds closed.

Not sure why you would bother, but common sense isn't that common anymmore I suppose