• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionmannz
    • Aug 2010
    • New Zealand

Rear Storage

Hi Guys. Been lurking around for a while getting lots of good ideas. Bought a 1990 Pajero about four months ago now and put this small storage space and cargo barrier in. Thanks for all the good ideas and tips. Mine is fairly small scale but suits what I wanted perfectly.

Next project (any tips welcome) is figuring out how to stop the rear door swinging shut when I am on a slope!
    Attached Files
  • arnijr
    • Oct 2009
    • Gardabaer, Iceland

Looking good.

Originally posted by lionmannz View Post
    Next project (any tips welcome) is figuring out how to stop the rear door swinging shut when I am on a slope!
    If I recall correctly, that's already there. At least I think it's the same in a gen 1 as it is in a gen 2. Look at the bar that stops the door opening wider than 90 degrees, with the door fully open you should be able to push that bar to lock it in open position.
    1998 lwb 2.8TDI, 40mm suspension lift, 33x12.50R15 BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires, 10" wide steel rims.

Comment

• lionmannz
      • Aug 2010
      • New Zealand

Thanks Arnijr. Went and had a closer look. I see what you mean about pushing it. The bar seems loose, like it is disconnected at one end. Will pull it apart soon and have a proper look. I was looking at a Prado rear door the other day and it had a bracket that locked and you could then push it to shut the door. Seemed like a good system.

I have also discovered that I can load more pics so a little more detail. Used blocks through the mounting points of the floor to secure the bottom then connected it to the cargo barrier which then went into the seatbelt mounting points at the top. The barrier is not a pajero model but from a nissan wingroad (whatever that is). Fits OK and only cost me $20.
      Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X