Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 08-06-09
Valued Member

Default long weekend 5rocks trip

Hi people ,here are some June long week-end pics from the 5rocks area in CQ.
It was a great week-end and we thoroughly enjoyed our selves ,even managed to keep the rear bumper intact this time round.

Five Rocks,looking north.

Nine mile beach

Northern end of nine mile beach ,picture taken from Stockyard point.

Stockyard Point ,just on dark.

Corio Heads, end of nine mile beach

Camp site at 5 rocks
Old 08-06-09

Send a message via MSN to tinks

Great photos, looks like a lovely place.
Old 08-06-09

Ha - love the mighty Paj silhoutted against the sky - noice

Looks like a top spot - thanks for sharing.

Gone but not forgotten
NT SWB X DiD in Cool Silver
Old 09-06-09
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Ha - love the mighty Paj silhoutted against the sky - noice

Looks like a top spot - thanks for sharing.
Pity the passengers side door was left open though , spoilt the pic a little bit.
Old 11-06-09

Great pics mate thanks.
Old 12-06-09

Hi Cape,
Great Pics of five rocks, but i dont see any pics of the top of the Orange Bowl, and of 3 rivers beach. Does that mean that that the EPA has finally closed off these area's to 4wder's?? (i heard on the grape vine that they were going to close them off) We live around 2 1/2 hours away from 5 rocks and used to go up there all the time. its a great place to go, and Driving up on the orange bowl and going dwon to 3 rivers just made it brilliant.
Old 12-06-09
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaly View Post
Hi Cape,
Great Pics of five rocks, but i dont see any pics of the top of the Orange Bowl, and of 3 rivers beach. Does that mean that that the EPA has finally closed off these area's to 4wder's?? (i heard on the grape vine that they were going to close them off) We live around 2 1/2 hours away from 5 rocks and used to go up there all the time. its a great place to go, and Driving up on the orange bowl and going down to 3 rivers just made it brilliant.
Hey boaly ,I believe that the orange bowl is still open ,but we were stretched for time a little as one of the kids ended up a bit fluee and we went home earlier than we intended .I have not been to the rocks for quite a number of years now,we used to go there nearly every week-end once when I younger.It was a much harder trip back then and had plenty of mud holes on the way in ,you could also pretty much go where ever you liked .Below is a golden oldie pic from the mid 80's ,taken from the top of the orange bowl .

Old 12-06-09

Thats great to hear its still open, for i got word today that some of my mates are looking at going up there next weekend and im keen tag along and take the pj for a bit of a test on the sand. And see how it goes up the Orange Bowl. Great Pics on the old days too! Its a pity your trip was cut short, oh well it gives you an excuse to go back again.

Just out of curiosity how did your Pajero Go getting around up there? Did the traction control get too intrusive? did you have to let your tyres down?
Cheers Boaly
Old 12-06-09
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaly View Post
Thats great to hear its still open, for i got word today that some of my mates are looking at going up there next weekend and im keen tag along and take the pj for a bit of a test on the sand. And see how it goes up the Orange Bowl. Great Pics on the old days too! Its a pity your trip was cut short, oh well it gives you an excuse to go back again.

Just out of curiosity how did your Pajero Go getting around up there? Did the traction control get too intrusive? did you have to let your tyres down?
Cheers Boaly
I let my tyres down to about 28 psi and did not let them down any further ,there had been recently a few light showers in the past week so the sand was not too bad .The traction control appeared to work a little bit too hard and the alarm went off for several seconds on the way in as you tackle the first up hill sand track(high range).Maybe reducing the tyre pressure a little more may have helped a bit, but that was the only time that I really noticed it. low range appears to be the only way to dis- engage the traction control ,but I was on the whole very pleased with the way the Paj went .
Old 12-06-09

Thats great to hear ,
i think we used to let the tyres down to around 15psi in our old GU patrol, as for the traction control, that first sandy hill is where i thought our pajero may struggle. Did you have the ASC turned off or did you leave it on?