Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 26-11-13

Mine is with the dealer as I type. Dropped it off this morning and drove home in a loan base 2WD Challenger. Not nearly as comfortable in the seats but also noticed it had the same issue that I've noticed recently in my 2012 XLS. The fan stays engaged after it has warmed up to around the 2000 rpm mark. Makes it noisy in taking off so when you're in traffic the fan noise is almost constant. Anyone else have the same issue?
I guess I'll find out in a few hours if my car needs to go back to have the remedy installed for the lower control arms.
Old 26-11-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greig View Post
The actual inspection would take approx. 30 secs.......after another 1 min to put it on a hoist !!
I would have thought so too.
I think the service manager is milking this

Aaron
Old 26-11-13

I've just picked up my car from the dealer's and all OK, no need for new control arms. The bloke in the service department indicated that most they were seeing did not need any work.
Old 26-11-13

the actual inspection books @ a little over 2 hours.. job is a little over 3.5...

if there are any members who are city sydney cbd based, please email me direct and we can fast track the process - especially now coming into the festive season

csmyth@sydneycitymitsubishi.com.au
few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 26-11-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
the actual inspection books @ a little over 2 hours.. job is a little over 3.5...

if there are any members who are city sydney cbd based, please email me direct and we can fast track the process - especially now coming into the festive season

csmyth@sydneycitymitsubishi.com.au

Mitsu dealers must be milking Mitsu Australia for this recall work......to inspect the welds on control arms and a front prop shaft would take 30 secs....

But good luck to them, they gotta make money where ever they can...
Old 26-11-13
Valued Member

Yep ....they can book MMA 2hrs if they want, but the inspection should be a while-you-wait job
Old 27-11-13

Had my check only 1 LCA requires replacing, only real issue I've had. Actually believe it or not I want an SRS light to come up as am 18 months into 5 year warranty and want it on record. Will be very pissed if it comes on in 5 years and 1 month and Mitsu don't come to my party!!
Old 27-11-13

Had mine in today with an all-clear given.

Mine also fell outside the prop shaft range so no further action needed there.

They did recommend replacement of "engine room cover" and "under plate" at a cost of $450 + labour; looked it up on the service CD and its obvious they were referring to the intercooler and sump bash plates which I had taken off to make their job easier!
2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers
Old 02-12-13

Default Waiting Still

Booked mine in for the check today agreed at 12.30. Went off shopping returned at 3.15 and car is in the back car park. Went to service desk thinking all done but no they tell me its being checked as we speak. I don't think so.....
Comes back tell me it will be ready by 4.00 (of course it will ) so the whole check takes around 30 mins or so given the time frames.

Car given all clear.

Third or fourth time I have been made to wait to pick my vehicle up even though they say they will ring me when ready.

That's why I didn't buy my car locally (but that's another story)
Old 02-12-13
Valued Member

Probably took them 15min to find and retrieve from the back carpark