Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 20-11-13

Default Diesel Fuel Conditioner

Has anyone any experience in using Envirotex Diesel Fuel Conditioner in their Challengers ?
Thanks
Old 08-12-13

I use the Chemtek Diesel Fuel Additive and have to say it does everything it claims...or at least has tricked me in to thinking it does..
Old 08-12-13

Please forgive my ignorance (never had a diesel before)But what does it do?
Old 08-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycromp View Post

Not sure really.......but after having a Terracan which I was advised to NOT use an additive, I don't add anything to the fuel on any of my cars....

If it did any good, I'm sure the manufacturers would include it in the service intervals !!
Old 08-12-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycromp View Post

It drains you pocket faster than the $1.70 a liter I payed today
Old 08-12-13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greig View Post
Not sure really.......but after having a Terracan which I was advised to NOT use an additive, I don't add anything to the fuel on any of my cars....

If it did any good, I'm sure the manufacturers would include it in the service intervals !!

MM have their own brand.
Old 08-12-13

All jokes aside, it's Actually cheaper to add 1litre of unleaded in a full tank of diesel, than to use additive, my mechanic tells me it has similar qualities

Gives most service station operators something to think about !!!!!

I Have been doing this in all my previous diesel utes for nearly 20 years especially on a long drive and I believe it helps them run cleaner

Last edited by ShortandFat; 08-12-13 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-12-13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greig View Post

If you have dealer service then the MM Fuel Conditioner is shown as "Additive MZ100722EX" on your invoice, the bottle actually says "Diesel Fuel System Cleaner". Depending on your Dealer some use it every 15,000km others every 30,000km, it is not listed in the Service Owners Record book.

cheers, old Jack.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 09-12-13
Valued Member

call me a cynic but the only reason dealers put in the additives is it allows them to take more of your money, they pay 5 or 6 dollars a bottle for the conditioner and charge $15 to $20 for something that is not a requirement and very few people ever complain about it. It is a bit like that workshop consumables charge that keeps going up that they cant explain what it is for

I've even had a dealer charge me for it when it was impossible to put in to the car ( charged for injector cleaner in an E Gas falcon) . when queried first response was we put it in all the cars we service as a matter of course, when asked was it part of the manufacturers service requirement , they said no it is just something we do, when asked why, I don't know was the answer ( from the chief service adviser) anyway when i asked him to show me how to put it in my the car he called the mechanic before the penny dropped that i was pulling his chain. ( they did refund me for the cleaner and discounted the next service to apologize, so was not all bad, in fact that dealer principal is still a customer of mine in my current shop, he doesn't own the dealership anymore.
Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica
Old 09-12-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortandFat View Post
All jokes aside, it's Actually cheaper to add 1litre of unleaded in a full tank of diesel, than to use additive, my mechanic tells me it has similar qualities

Gives most service station operators something to think about !!!!!

I Have been doing this in all my previous diesel utes for nearly 20 years especially on a long drive and I believe it helps them run cleaner
Want to be careful doing that with a PB under warranty. Don't know about MMA but VW for one test the fuel of any diesel with a fuel system problem. If the fuel is not pure no warranty.

Do you feel any difference doing that? Wonder how a bit of two stroke oil would go to make up for the petrol's lack of lube?
Richard.......MY12 silver base model auto rear driver tow truck and shopping trolley. Bilsteins, Firestone rear air bags, HR towbar, Scangauge II and aftermarket reverse camera/GPS navigation unit. SOLD