Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 23-07-11

Default Lovin the 33" Muds on my NM

Just wanted to let everyone know how stoked I am with my NM after fitting 16x8 rims and 33" Silverstone MT117 Sport Muddy's.

The places we went with it today have me absolutely amazed. Big, big bog holes were no match!My mates 80 series has 35" MTZ's, lockers, 5" lift and he struggled big time while the PJ with a 2" lift and 33's just bored through everything lol. It was funny as watching him winch his bus out while I drove everything with ease,haha absolutely amazing!

I did get a fair amount of water in through the back door seals but given the depth of mud we went through I am very impressed. A big thankyou to the forum member who hooked me up with the rubber you know who you are.

I will be starting on the subframe drop before I turbo so there will be no alterations of pipework and I can then fit a large fan forced top mounted intercooler as the engine will be 3" lower. Cant wait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-07-23 15.24.20.jpg (207.5 KB, 455 views)
Old 24-07-11

nice look ... btw, how do you find the road noise with the chunky muddies???
Old 25-07-11

how bout some more photos
Old 25-07-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigmata View Post
I will be starting on the subframe drop before I turbo so there will be no alterations of pipework and I can then fit a large fan forced top mounted intercooler as the engine will be 3" lower. Cant wait.
Good luck getting that OK'd. AFAIK that sort of mod is illegal for on road use on Oz..

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
Old 25-07-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post
nice look ... btw, how do you find the road noise with the chunky muddies???
Yep they are definately a lot noisier than the AT's but for what I am looking for the benefits far outway the neg's. Wouldnt do an interstate trip on em tho! lol
Old 25-07-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitchi View Post
Good luck getting that OK'd. AFAIK that sort of mod is illegal for on road use on Oz..

Hmmmm, my engineer reckons it wont be that bad. He's got the approval in principle for my 5.7l V8 Gemini. Technically any modification to an Australian passenger vehicle built post ADR introduction will technically not be road legal, as it is not complying with the approval criteria it was manufactured to. This includes extractors and larger exhausts etc, any change at all! Each state has their own allowances on what they will allow, but if you did everything according to the ADR rules then you cant do zip without an engineers report. Will keep you posted on how we go, fingers crossed!

Kind regards Jon
Old 27-07-11

Quote:
Nice truck

extremely interested to know more about your Turbo build-up, what kW & Nm figures are you shooting for may i ask ? 200kW and 350-400Nm torque ? what Turbo size ?

Pls do post details when you build it.

my ride reports:
2-up to Jordan & Syria on a KTM 990
Off-roading in the UAE
2 up to UAE on a KTM990
wanna see south India? a South Indian honeymoon ride
13,000kms to Turkey in our NS - coming soon
Old 28-07-11

mate when we picked those tyres up i didnt think theyde go on lol!!

looks good aye!!!ill have to get the lift done and grab myself a set !!
border track run soon maybe??
Old 28-07-11

Quote:
Hmmmm, my engineer reckons it wont be that bad. He's got the approval in principle for my 5.7l V8 Gemini. Technically any modification to an Australian passenger vehicle built post ADR introduction will technically not be road legal, as it is not complying with the approval criteria it was manufactured to. This includes extractors and larger exhausts etc, any change at all! Each state has their own allowances on what they will allow, but if you did everything according to the ADR rules then you cant do zip without an engineers report. Will keep you posted on how we go, fingers crossed!

Kind regards Jon
the cops are more interested in young wankers in the p plated commies down here mate lol!!

ya see heaps of fellas with huge muddies on in adelaide !!
ive only heard of 1 getting done and they done him 4 no mudflaps ,gave him a cop shop defect so he shot home put mud flaps on and straight to officer plod and got defect removed!!
Old 28-07-11
Valued Member

the Muds are good for Mud and thats about it, on the road there a pain in both noise and feel. you should have a couple of tyre sets available for offroad and on raod use and if your thinking of fitting a turbo to a 10 year old donk, just be aware of what will eventuate . its abit like a heart attack effect where the body [ engine ] suddenly cops a massive increase in pressure / force. the only turbo to have is the one fitted to deisel engines.
NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.