Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 19-11-13

Default Challenger Recalls

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1053621

Product description
11/12 MY Challenger 2WD & 4WD fitted with front suspension lower control arms.
Identifying features
Recall Campaign number: TFM2013-GC28-022
Target: 2865

11 ~ 12MY Challenger 2WD:
MMAGNKG40CF000004 ~ MMAGYKG40CF002509
11 ~ 12MY Challenger 4WD
MMAGNKH40BF001929 ~ MMAGYKH40CF002541
What are the defects?
There is a possibility of improper welding on Front Suspension Lower Control Arms (LCA) produced prior to Friday, 11 May 2012 which may result in the weld failing.
What are the hazards?
If the weld fails, it will be readily detected by the driver as the vehicle will become unstable, pulling to either left or right side of the road. The defect potentially poses a hazard to the driver and other road users.
Traders who sold this product
Mitsubishi vehicle dealerships
Supplier
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
What should consumers do?
As a precaution prior to inspection, customers should operate the vehicle in a conservative manner to avoid excessive shock load on the parts that may be affected.

All owners of affected vehicles have been contacted by mail sent to their last known address. Owners are requested to contact the nearest Mitsubishi authorised service Dealer at their earliest convenience to make an appointment to have your vehicle rectified.

If you do not have the Dealer phone number available, please call 1300 13 12 11, select option 2 and enter the post code of your selling Dealer to be re-directed to that Dealer or your post code to be re-directed to the nearest Dealer.

Owners who believe their vehicle is in the affected range and who have not received a letter by the 22nd November 2013 or require further information regarding this recall should call the Mitsubishi Customer Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11 and select option 4, then select option 2.
Old 19-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedg View Post
http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1053621

11 ~ 12MY Challenger 4WD
MMAGNKH40BF001929 ~ MMAGYKH40CF002541

Hey wow! That's me unless my deslyxia is playing up...

Mine is a 2010 model, but I'm MMAGYKH40AF000435. A comes before C in my book...

I haven't got a letter yet though... I might give them a call and confirm...

Last edited by Rosscomatic; 19-11-13 at 04:43 PM.
Old 19-11-13

Just called them and they said it was all fine.

Still had an outstnding recall on carpet floor mats, but we don't have carpet floor mats so no problems there...
Old 19-11-13

Mine also not in the recall hmmmm phoned them up bet you it was fixed while in service last week for the 45,000km dealers would have known of this issue well in advance
Old 19-11-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosscomatic View Post
Hey wow! That's me unless my deslyxia is playing up...

Mine is a 2010 model, but I'm MMAGYKH40AF000435. A comes before C in my book...

I haven't got a letter yet though... I might give them a call and confirm...
Ha ha....you must have deslyxia....A certainly comes before C, and it also comes before B.....but the recall didn't start until B !!
Old 19-11-13
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Mine went in today to have to seat back replaced on the left side (stitching coming undone)
Had that replace and was then told about the recall, vehicle was inspected and a new left hand arm is required. The comment from the service adviser was whilst we are not aware of a failure here in Oz try not to drive the vehicle before the part arrives and we get it fitted, we'll that will be a challenge seeing it's my daily drive.
On a footnote I have not received a letter for such a serious component suspect to failure and haven't moved since the purchase of the vehicle
I wonder if roadside assist would have covered the vehicle if it failed heading from Pernie Bore to Dallhouise as that would have been a sure test for it.
Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Last edited by amr75wcr; 19-11-13 at 08:18 PM.
Old 19-11-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by greig View Post
Ha ha....you must have deslyxia....A certainly comes before C, and it also comes before B.....but the recall didn't start until B !!
Yeah but MMAGY (mine) comes after MMAGN (theirs)...

Maybe we both have dyslexia!
Old 20-11-13

Just checked and mine falls within the range but I haven't received any notification yet and like amr75wcr above I haven't moved since I bought the car new.

Will give the dealer a call tomorrow to check.
2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers
Old 20-11-13

Mine is in the recall. Rang the dealer today, he said they only recently got notification and it is up to Mitsubishi Australia to contact the owners. Dealer said they require the vehicle for 6 hrs for the inspection and potential fix. There are actually two recalls, one to check the length of weld, not sure about the other.
Old 20-11-13
Valued Member

Default Triton & Challenger Recall

Triton & Challenger 12MY 4WD Front Propeller Shaft Inspection

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1053729

PRA number: 2013/13844
Date published: 20th November 2013
Product information
Product description
Triton & Challenger 12MY 4WD
Identifying features
Recall Campaign number: TFM2013-GC28-022
Target: 584

12MY 4WD Triton VIN Range:
MMAENKB40BCD004656 ~ MMAJYKB40CD005060

12MY 4WD Challenger VIN range:
MMAGNKH40CF000658 ~ MMAGYKH40CF001048
What are the defects?
There is a possibility of improper welding on Front Propeller Shafts manufactured prior to Friday, 25 November 2011 which may result in the weld failing. If the weld fails, the Front Propeller Shaft may break resulting in damage to the fuel pipe. Normal acceleration or deceleration of the vehicle may also be affected.
What are the hazards?
If damage occurs to the fuel pipe, fuel may leak and pose a fire hazard. In addition, decreased performance in acceleration and deceleration may pose an increased accident hazard to the driver and other road users.
Where the product was sold
Nationally
Traders who sold this product
Mitsubishi vehicle dealerships
Supplier
Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
What should consumers do?
As a precaution prior to inspection, please operate the vehicle in a conservative manner in 2WD mode where possible.

All owners of affected vehicles have been contacted by mail sent to their last known address. Owners are requested to contact the nearest Mitsubishi authorised service Dealer at their earliest convenience to make an appointment to have your vehicle rectified.

If you do not have the Dealer phone number available, please call 1300 13 12 11, select option 2 and enter the post code of your selling Dealer to be re-directed to that Dealer or your post code to be re-directed to the nearest Dealer.

Owners who believe their vehicle is in the affected range and who have not received a letter by the 22nd November 2013 or require further information regarding this recall should call the Mitsubishi Customer Assistance Centre on 1300 13 12 11 and select option 4, then select option 2.
Advertisements and supporting documentation