Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Creighton's TJM

Creighton's TJM For all your 4wd accessories

Old 09-08-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
pajflareo Excellent please feel free to add your impressions too!

What model is your Paj Pre or Common Rail ?

Gus.
Pre-common rail, 3.2 DiD NM, so very similar in that respect! Although mine is only a GLX, and I suspect a pre-release 3.2 demo vehicle as it has a JUL 00 build date

But yes I will share my thoughts once I get some serious driving done with the chip in there!
Old 09-08-14
Administrator

Interesting 00' as you say 3.2DID wasn't available till around Aug 02 in the NM prior to that it had the 2.8...

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 20-10-14
Administrator

Default Impression after 1st 3Mths..

Home of DP Chip! :

Berrima Diesel Service is regarded as one of Australia’s Premier 4WD Diesel Turbo Centres. (A quick google will confirm this), They have over 65 combined years in the industry.

My friends at Creighton's have sold many DP Chips for all makes & Models so after having the 3" Exhaust & doing my research I decided that was the way I needed to go.

And after 3 Months I can report it was the right choice,

Stock the NM Paj was 121KW 373NM

with The Dtronic, (quoted), 139KW 430NM

And DP Chip, (quoted), 138KW 429NM

So in a stock vehicle the Dtronic & DP Chip are similar.

As I've said prior to the 3" Exhaust I was happy enough with the Dtronic but after not so economy started suffering & blowing smoke..

Big improvement with the DP Chip being factory tuned to the 3"exhaust I can feel the difference with increased power through the gears & economy has returned to about the same around town, (prior to exhaust going on), but a little better on trips fully loaded, with no flat spots or smoke! I'm not going to get into actual dyno tunes & graphs as it all comes down to who is doing it at what revs & how many runs.. What I will say is that the improvement on my paj is better than the quoted figures due to the 3" exhaust & the chip being tuned to it!.
Very simple to Adjust, user friendly instructions.

I'm looking forward to towing the off road van on a trip with it but that will be down the track a little as my wife's folks are both unwell. However on a quick trip to Brissy to see my Daughter & Grandson we were fully loaded up, (no van), the Paj had no problems & economy was brilliant averaging about 10.6ltrs/100ks for the trip.. Yep I've still got that grin on my dial not to shabby for a 12year old Paj...

Oh & just for my own interest sake I went for a drive to Mornington & back without the DP Chip & boy what a difference from not having a Chip.

If your thinking about Chips my Paj is 12 years old & had 1 on it for at least 10 of those years without problems. My advise is to go with a good brand name research & go from there...

Yes I would recommend the DP Chip happily.

Long term review, so please those with DP Chips please feel free to Add your findings.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 07-11-14
Administrator

Hi all, got the chance to hook the off road van up & head down to Blairgowrie on the Mornington Peninsula over the long W/End.

Our Off Road van is just on 2Ton loaded. Leaving early Saturday we copped the rain which only stopped on arrival.. So I had the Paj in 4WD High & on the way home we struck the long W/end traffic so stop start till we hit the HWY.. Very happy with the economy 15.4Ltrs/100Ks in that ony 80ks was without towing!

The DP Chip has made driving the Paj while towing in stop start traffic smoother & on the open HWY comfortably sitting on the speed limits holding 4th easily on the hills, (remembering I tow in sports manual mode).

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 19-07-15
Administrator

About time I updated how the DP Chip is going....

We towed the Off Road Van to Rockhampton over the School Holidays, about 4,400ks of towing averaged just on 16.2 L/100klms which I was pretty pleased with worst we got was 18.5 but I was pushing it along at the 110 limit over 400klms, the best I got was a about 14.5 sitting on 95klms/hr..

Since changing to the DP chip (while towing), I've found it holds 4th & speed up hills...
At 95klm/hr I'm sitting on 2,100-2,400 revs I found if I selected 5th the revs would drop only 100-200 revs & noticed any small hill would see the vehicle speed drop & the revs increase also the Paj felt better/stronger towing in 4th. On the odd occasion I sat on 110klms/hr in 4th 2600-2800 revs if up shifted to 5th, (on the flat no wind), the revs would drop 300-500 revs, (gradually to maintain speed at 110 the revs increase), again the Paj felt better in 4th & after doing the 400klms which gave the worst economy I'll be sticking to towing in 4th in the future unless down hill or wind assist on the flat.

Overall still very happy with the DP Chip

Gus

Vehicle Sold

How to get Forum Decals