Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Creighton's TJM

Creighton's TJM For all your 4wd accessories

Old 10-11-13
Administrator

If no one gets back I'll ask the question via Creighton's..

I take it your meaning mounted on the floor & will the reach clear Tailgate for dropping? Otherwise all you'd need to do is mount on raised floor & let it drop down to just above the tailgate.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 10-11-13
Valued Member

I have to agree they are great thing but exy as.

one of the more useful items fitted inside my car.

Michael.
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 10-11-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
If no one gets back I'll ask the question via Creighton's..

I take it your meaning mounted on the floor & will the reach clear Tailgate for dropping? Otherwise all you'd need to do is mount on raised floor & let it drop down to just above the tailgate.

Gus.
Maybe he wants to know if mounted on drawers will it contact the tailgate when lowered?
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 10-11-13
Administrator

He may well

How to get Forum Decals
Old 06-05-14
Valued Member

Hi Gus,

I know I have asked this before but can't find the thread or remember the answers:

I am mounting a DS-40 drop slide shortly with the FB1 load barrier around it, and am thinking of mounting it on the right side. I know some answers were advising to mount on the left, but can't remember why this was so?

I have an engel 38 litre eclipse that can be set to open from either side and am thinking having it on the right side is a better idea. I have my water tank tap etc on the left so am thinking if the fridge is dropped and on the right side, then I have clear access to the tap and load space on the left without having to squeeze between the fridge and door.

Any particular reason for mounting on the left side?

Cheers,
Steve

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 06-05-14
Administrator

Hi Steve, reason mine is on left is I can access the fridge from both sides in your case as the fridge opens from side & can be set up for either position to suit your needs.

Gus

How to get Forum Decals
Old 06-05-14
Valued Member

I mounted mine on the passenger side so that when I not loaded to the hilt I can see a bit more in the rearview mirror.

You may need to go the other side if you need access to a tap, as once I built a box around it, it is a PITA to get in that small space.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4
Old 06-05-14

My slide on left because of door and drop down table on door.
Rick

Old 06-05-14
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

And my fridge (not on a drop slide) is on the left for when you cant get the rear door fully opened IE if you have a CT on the back.

That way I can access it whatever is on or not on the back.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 06-05-14
Valued Member

Thanks for the input all, the slide was delivered about ten minutes after I posted the question, so I've fitted it on the right side, this was the only way it was going to work with my current set-up. I just need to work out a better way to keep the power cable out of the way. At the moment it is just zippy tied to the cargo barrier.

I had to remove the front fridge handle to allow the slide handle to click back into place, but MSA had a couple of tie down bracket options in the box, so a bit of drilling and modifying and they fit no problem. I also had to trim about 3mm off the front slide lugs, so the slide would clear the checker plate on the front of my drawers. I could've packed underneath the slide with some 3mm Aluminium strip to raise it up a bit, but that meant a trip to the hardware and my grinder was already here

Hopefully I have left enough room on the right to install the FB1 fridge barrier once it arrives.

A few crappy iPhone pics below:

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |