Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > Creighton's TJM

Creighton's TJM For all your 4wd accessories

Old 30-10-13
Administrator

Default Review MSA Drop Down Slide..

Before heading to Brissy my mates at Creighton's TJM were thrown the keys to my Paj as I was over the old custom Draw System & fridge slide..
Why well 2 reasons 1st up most on here know I suffer with serious back issues, this in mind getting things in/out of fridge was awkward & 2 the draws being up high were just to small & made packing the rear a pain in the back, (pun intended)..

MSAs Drop Down Fridge Slide is a winner, (Mine is the DS40), they have a range to suit most fridges up to 80-110 ltr Waeco.

The Slides are well made, strong & can handle the off Road punishment of 4 Wheel driving. To say that they make getting things in & out of the fridge easy is an understatement, my wife loves it too!
I was concerned at the weight of a fully loaded fridge when extended out over the draws & lowered would be on the mounting points this concern was unfounded if you mount as instructed, (as they did), the fridge is well supported by the mechanism. I was also nicely surprised at how easy a fully loaded fridge dropped down & lifted back up very smooth & can easily be done using 1 hand. The slide features lock-in & lock-out runners and a lockable, travel latch. I also like the fact the slides are supplied with Tie Down Straps as an included accessory.

So anyone that has or intends to mount a fridge up high, & I include those that have lift kits on their 4WDs with those with Draw systems, it's a must get as far as I'm concerned..

Oh and for anyone with back issues you will love it!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 30-10-13
Valued Member

Gotta agree, we just took ours on a 15,000 km expedition and it was so convenient to be able to see into the fridge easily. We have the DS40 with an ARB 47 litre fridge and despite my bitching about the setup costs I am so glad we paid the bucks.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4
Old 30-10-13
Valued Member

I still can't get over the price of these, the only way I could fathom paying that amount would be because the set of Ironman drawers and the drop slide are cheaper than a standard slide at floor level with two drawers one on top of the other. The flat floor is much more practical for day to day use. I think that's what I'll have to tell SWMBO when we get round that fitting some drawers in.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 30-10-13
Administrator

I hear you Rec Retail is $575 for the DS40 but considering the better standard slides are upwards of $375 & cheaper ones start at around $199.

The benefit is worth the dollars in my book..
Forget my back too as you say the draw system in a Paj works better for storage as well as using the under floor storage.. So the Drop Down is the only way to go.

But what won me was I can sit down & relax while my wife can easily crab me another can... ouch! I mean my wife can see what she's doing & loves it

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 30-10-13
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Have to agree Gus even my teenage daughter can use it. It was a tight squeeze into the PB but after hours of frustration trying to build one I decided bugger it and scored one at the right price.
It's in the back there somewhere

Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Last edited by amr75wcr; 30-10-13 at 08:43 PM.
Old 30-10-13
Administrator

G'day Wayne great picture mate.. I can make out the Blue Anodised aluminium in the back.. I have heard a whisper they have a great accessory for around the fridge with pockets I'll keep you informed..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 30-10-13
Valued Member

Send a message via Skype™ to amr75wcr

Thanks Gus, here is a better shot then (of the slide at least)

Wayne
04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj
Old 30-10-13

We were equally impressed with the MSA DS60. We have a 90l evakool fridge freezer. We fitted a solid plywood base so we could add some more mounting points to tie the freezer down for our trip down the canning stock route. There's no way we would have been able to take the freezer in the Pajero without it. Worked well the whole trip. Had to dismantle the whole thing to get all the bulldust out when we got home. Very happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (189.0 KB, 99 views)
2012 NW Pajero platinum. ARB deluxe bar, Warn winch, bilstein shock absorbers, Lovell springs, Bushskinz underbody armour, factory towbar, Uniden 7760 UHF radio, dual batteries (Thumper) aftermarket reversing sensors, Rhinorack Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks, The Wetseat neoprene seat covers (front & rear), LRA aux fuel tank, 70L water tank.
Old 31-10-13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr75wcr View Post
Thanks Gus, here is a better shot then (of the slide at least)
Wayne
Gee it did just squeeze in mate.. another great pic too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdvet View Post
We were equally impressed with the MSA DS60. We have a 90l evakool fridge freezer....
Great stuff 4wdvet.. That red dust tends to get in no matter how well the seals are hey!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 10-11-13
Valued Member

Has anyone done one of these for the Triton ute with a tub liner? Any help would be appreciated

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!