Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Challenger News

Challenger News Latest News...

Old 26-01-14

Smile updated inlet manifold available from mitsubishi

Available for early pb models with carbon build up issues. Makes huge difference if the ecu update doesnt fix issues, and vehicle runs poorly and emits black exhaust smoke.
Old 26-01-14
Who ya gunna call....

Take it you hat one fitted and is this a hotfix?
Old 29-01-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsy View Post
Take it you hat one fitted and is this a hotfix?
not a hotfix, mitsubishi dealer installed
Old 05-06-14

After waiting 2 weeks to get in to my local MM dealer to diagnose Challenger going in to limp mode, engine warning light and ASC lights coming on, they have advised that carbon build is the cause, and a new inlet manifold is the fix (under warranty thankfully!).
Unfortunately the parts are 2 days away, and my Robe trip is 1 day away. Looks like the Challenger will be staying home for the long weekend... but looking forward to having this problem resolved.
Old 05-06-14
Valued Member

Thanks for the update Jim and Dan, can you please post some details about your Challengers, year and month, auto or manual and kms. This helps those with problems but with less pro-active dealer sevice departments.

cheers, old Jack.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 06-06-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Thanks for the update Jim and Dan, can you please post some details about your Challengers, year and month, auto or manual and kms. This helps those with problems but with less pro-active dealer sevice departments.

cheers, old Jack.
Hi Jack,
mine is Jan 2010 build, Auto trans, and 113,500km on the clock.
Car itself is ex-MMAL fleet, which I have had on novated lease since 15K. Servicing always through the same dealer, albeit at two different locations, so a bit surprised at my current problem...
Old 16-01-16

Reading this confirms the dealerships don't actually do the scheduled tappet adjustment every 30k. The adjustment requires removing the inlet manifold and if it was bad enough to cause an engine check light then surely they would have noticed and cleaned it?
Old 01-02-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challengrtj View Post
Reading this confirms the dealerships don't actually do the scheduled tappet adjustment every 30k. The adjustment requires removing the inlet manifold and if it was bad enough to causc an engine check light then surely they would have noticed and cleaned it?
Big assumption? My dealer cleaned inlet at 30k, replaced manifold at 60k, cleaned again at 90k and reported very little buildup. In 30k they can get pretty gunked up. Also, some services are just audible checks iirc for valves???
Old 19-02-17

So you guys got a new inlet under warranty?? wow, wish I had know that. Was it a recall on the manifold or something? I recently had my EGR valve removed and cleaned, along with the manifold (only spray treatment, while car is running) but I MMA will replace the manifold that would be even better.