Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: Vic

Old 05-03-14
Valued Member

Default Grampians tracks

Hi All,

Found a few old threads on the Grampians but not too much recently. Going this weekend and looking for recommendations on some tracks. 2 Pajeros and a Jeep Wrangler, no lift kits or winch, basic recovery gear (hitch, snatch).

We will be at the lakeside caravan park near Lake Bellfield.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
James
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 06-03-14
Valued Member

Check with local rangers as to which areas are open to 4WD's. Fires and floods over the last few years have wrecked some of the tracks and some may have not been repaired and would still be off limits.
01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.
Old 06-03-14

Quite possible a lot is still closed, particularly up around Halls Gap. Area got hit hard by fires a couple of weeks ago. Ring a local ranger for up-to-date information about it.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 06-03-14
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies.
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 26-04-16

Hi all, quick thread revival: I'm interested in driving Victoria Range tk and Goat tk this weekend on my way to Halls Gap from Warrnambool (driving North). Has anybody done these lately who can provide me with a rough travel time? I'll have the family in the car so I'm conscious of timings for meals and arrival times.
Thanks in advance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT...0G8TsbaysZx5tQ

Last edited by Crouchy; 27-04-16 at 11:34 AM.
Old 27-04-16

Have a look at this link for road conditions. http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...oad-Report.pdf

I drove both roads last Easter and they were open. Good fun with the Vic Range Rd nice and undulating. There were some rocky parts as I think they put a grader through it. Enjoy your trip.
Old 28-04-16

Let us know how you get on, looping around the park next week. Especially interested if there's lots of traffic to slow us down, hoping to cover a lot of ground

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 29-04-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugi View Post
Have a look at this link for road conditions. http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...oad-Report.pdf

I drove both roads last Easter and they were open. Good fun with the Vic Range Rd nice and undulating. There were some rocky parts as I think they put a grader through it. Enjoy your trip.
Cheers for the link Yugi. I hadn't seen that one before. Love your work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 29-04-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
Let us know how you get on, looping around the park next week. Especially interested if there's lots of traffic to slow us down, hoping to cover a lot of ground

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'll let you all know what the trip was like. We've had some rain yesterday and overnight so it may make it a little slippery according to the file that Yugi provided. Have a good weekend folks.

Old 29-04-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
I'll let you all know what the trip was like. We've had some rain yesterday and overnight so it may make it a little slippery according to the file that Yugi provided. Have a good weekend folks.

Enjoy it - the victoria range road has some good views. Last time I was through there it was all straightforward - launders track had one spot for the traction control some of it steep and rocky. Wallaby rocks road/asses ears road maybe a little rough in spots but the elevation change sets up some good views