Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Aisin Transmission Thermostat

I am gathering info so I can do my own transmission flush on my 2014 NW Exceed. Does my Paj have a thermostat on the gearbox which will need to be bypassed before I can drain the fluid from the hoses near the radiator. I have seen a video of an Aisin box on a Toyota 200 series which shows a thermostat.
Old 1 Week Ago

No thermostat present
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Aisin Transmission Thermostat

Explains why I couldn't find one. Thanks for the reply
Old 1 Week Ago

I have flushed both my NM and NW auto’s using this method (cooler hose at radiator) with no issues. Lots of posts , write ups, on here also.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 200k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 355k.
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

The Auto trans in the Ford Ranger/Everest and Mazda BT 50, has a thermostat fitted and this results in the ATF getting too hot for the undersized ATF cooling to be effective under hot and high load conditions. This results in transmission failures, in some vehicle this has been under 100,000kms.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
I have flushed both my NM and NW auto’s using this method (cooler hose at radiator) with no issues. Lots of posts , write ups, on here also.
Thanks Scooby. Do you know of a video that shows how to do the flush on a NW?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The Auto trans in the Ford Ranger/Everest and Mazda BT 50, has a thermostat fitted and this results in the ATF getting too hot for the undersized ATF cooling to be effective under hot and high load conditions. This results in transmission failures, in some vehicle this has been under 100,000kms.

OJ.
My father in law's got a BT. We were travelling to Coober Pedy from Maroochydore but never got past Coonabarabran due to the overheating problems.
Old 1 Week Ago

I can’t say that I have seen a video, but found this one write up easily I am sure I read through more before doing mine.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=61268&page=2

The above is for a series 3 but close to series 4 just the level checking is different, have a look at the on line manual for this, hope I can copy the link right, as it takes a bit of working out where in the manual to look for certain things.

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...2/index_M1.htm

Google is the best way to search, I used this to find the above, maybe try transmission, trans or auto as well.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum automatic flush

Hope this helps.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 200k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 355k.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigmeister View Post
I am gathering info so I can do my own transmission flush on my 2014 NW Exceed. Does my Paj have a thermostat on the gearbox which will need to be bypassed before I can drain the fluid from the hoses near the radiator. I have seen a video of an Aisin box on a Toyota 200 series which shows a thermostat.

Try this post for NW trans fluid flush. I tried to make it as simple as possible.
All the best.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=62982
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Wooly & Scooby. This is gonna be fun. Scary but fun