• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Chad43 View Post
    Hi All, sorry its been a while. decided to wait until after COVID to buy a Pajero and i have found this one that ticks all of our boxes. just wondering if i could get peoples thoughts on the price ect.

dealer said its immaculate, il verify that myself. its got dual betteries, red arc isolator, idrive throttle control, perfect service history, BF All Terrains ect.
    Clearview mirrors fitted, so this Pajero has obviously done some towing duties. The NW has a Aisin 5 speed auto and is "sealed for life" but this is BS especially when towing. So I would be budgeting on a full ATF service and flush, and if you intended to continue to tow then I would suggest fitting a TC Lockup kit such as Auto Mate.

167,000Kms in 8 years is about average and it looks to be a very straight unit, at $30K it is not a bargain but prices of 4wds are higher at the moment due to a shortage of new cars.

OJ.

2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post

167,000Kms in 8 years is about average and it looks to be a very straight unit, at $30K it is not a bargain but prices of 4wds are higher at the moment due to a shortage of new cars.

OJ.
      As an idea of current prices.

This link is quite similar to what i paid $34k for in July 2020,

Mine is Bronze, towbar is all, newish rubber, had 88k's, wear marks on my steer wheel, 6 months rego, services all up to date nothing to be spent.
      Cargo area unmarked,
      (Still has the factory plastic on the apple car play screen)
      was executives car, i worked out exactly who, googled earthed his address etc.
      Albeit after i had purchased it

Just for market comparison

I agree with Jack,

Its not a stupid price in current climate if you want those mods & K's.
      I didn't consider mine cheap, i considered it as what i wanted & a fair price in the market at the time.

Find new and used cars for sale on Autotrader. Buy a new car. Check out all the cars for sale on Autotrader.com.au

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Two Emms
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2020
        • Mansfield, Vic

Looks to be in good nick.

Certainly appears to have been used for towing. Or at least set up for towing As OJ says, budget for a full ATF service and flush

Just a little thing. With drawers in the back and a cargo barrier fitted the third row seats might be down the back of someones shed rather than in the back of the vehicle. If having seven seats is important to you, check this out. They might just be folded up under the drawers where they belong.

Might be my eyes but it looks to be sitting up a tiny bit. May have aftermarket suspension but i couldn't be certain. Might have had heavy duty springs put in the rear if its been pulling a van. If you test drive it and its hard riding, that'll be why. Not a deal breaker. Might even suit your needs, if not, easy to change.

A full set of reasonable tyres is handy.

Sorry not up with current pricing, but seems about right

Just my 2 cents worth.

2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Chad43
          • Sep 2020
          • Tylden

Thanks Guy's, really appreciate everyone's thoughts and input. Definitely been set up for Touring, its from a Dealer so they couldn't give me any details on what van it was towing / weight ect. the dealer is arround 3.5 hrs away so thats why i was hoping to get the thoughts of people on this forum before driving the distance to check it out.

thanks again everyone.

Comment

• Chad43
            • Sep 2020
            • Tylden

I just spoke to a Mechanic mate and he mentioned there is issues with the transmissions on this model Pajero, can find much info but is that general concensus or if they are flushed and serviced every 45K they should be pretty strong

Comment

• Two Emms
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2020
              • Mansfield, Vic

Not sure what the "issues" are with these transmissions. Yes they should be serviced. As OJ says the idea that they are sealed for life is BS but they don't seem to have any inherent faults.

If they had "issues" with the transmissions, it would be all over this forum.

Might be worth a 3.5 hour drive.
              2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Chad43
                • Sep 2020
                • Tylden

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                Not sure what the "issues" are with these transmissions. Yes they should be serviced. As OJ says the idea that they are sealed for life is BS but they don't seem to have any inherent faults.

If they had "issues" with the transmissions, it would be all over this forum.

Might be worth a 3.5 hour drive.
                Eaxactly what i said to him, if there was common issues it would be all over the forums. Cheers.

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Chad43 View Post
                  I just spoke to a Mechanic mate and he mentioned there is issues with the transmissions on this model Pajero,
                  I'm with others - mate provides more details, or ignore him.

The Aisin transmission in "this model Pajero" (transmission & body style combination has been in production since 2008, and is still available in showrooms) is also used in the LandCruiser 100 series and some models of Prado. Ask him if Toyota had the same problems with the same transmission.

The Gen 3 Pajero, and some of "this model Pajero" have a Jatco transmission (NS, and all V6 models). The Jatco transmission has a reputation for being fussy about transmission fluid, so a mechanic who uses whatever fluid is on the shelf may have issues with that transmission. There are also some reports of pins in the planetary gears working loose, leading to major overhauls being required, but those reports seem to be comparatively rare. But that is the Jatco transmission in different models, not the Aisin transmission you're looking at.

NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

My friend has a 100 series Landbruiser with the Aisin transmission. He bought it with 235000 km on the clock, and has towed heavy trailers now for over 350000 km ie it has 585000 km on it now, and as far as I know, has only had the fluids changed once. We both live in the Snowy Mountains area so a lot of the towing includes hills - some BIG hills. I have told him many times to fit an extra transmission cooler as well, but the car still keeps going. The radiator and a few other things have gone wrong with it, but not the transmission. I hope I don't jinx him now.... So I think the Aisin tranny must be pretty good.

Comment

• Chad43
                      • Sep 2020
                      • Tylden

Thanks Everyone, spoke to him again and it looks like he was refereeing to an earlier model. appreciate all the feedback though.

Comment

• El_Freddo
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Bridgewater, Vic

I wouldn’t be too concerned with high kms if the vehicle has some sort of record of service - or a thorough check over and test drive prior to purchase.

We we picked up our 2004 NP diesel with 330,000km on it two years ago. It replaced our VT commodore with 350,000km on it. The NP has not missed a beat, we’ve taken it to QLD, the Vic deserts and regularly on tracks around Bendigo. The previous owner towed a camper around Oz with their family.

That worked well for us (their travel) as the NP came with some add-ons that we wanted anyway. Since then we’ve replaced the second battery and added an auxiliary fuel tank (totally worth it! The GLX and GLS in the Gen3 fits an 81L tank - a real game changer and I recommend it to anyone that will do any travelling!). It’s soon to cop some lift and rear airbags, oil catch can then an intake clean out.

Happy hunting! Look into the accessories you want, what they cost to have fitted, then hunt for those on the vehicles for sale. It could keep your overall cost down in the long run. If there are any in Bendigo you would like scouted out as a potential buy let me know and I’ll have a look at them for you.

After we we got our NP, Mum and Dad got into an NT. They love it and it’s getting some kit to follow us out bush too. Can’t wait!

Being in Tylden, you have easy access to MANY tracks of various levels of difficulty in the Wombat and Lerderderg forests. But you’re probably well aware of this already!

Cheers

Bennie
                        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X