Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 18-02-20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy29 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm done that and everything is working as I want. Can you advise where the intake air temperature is read, is it the the engine side of the air cleaner or the engine side of the intercooler?
Engine side of intercooler at the throttle body.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 03-03-20

Angry Torque Pro App

Back to transmission temperatures...... I didnt go down the Scan gauge line as $250 for a OBD2 connection set up.
Instead I went down the route of purchasing OBD2 sender and purchased the 'Torque Pro' app for my phone. ($46 vs $250)
Last night I installed it all and off to work I drove today...... I nearly died of a heart attack when torque pro was telling me my Transmission temperature was at 96 degree C. Coasting down hill and into town, no load.

Well on the way home I picked up that 'Torque Pro' is using the engine coolant temperature as the Transmission temp, I watched the two temps side by side. (perfect mapping)

Q/ Is it that the PB Challenger has no code for the Transmission temperature? or that Torque pro actually cant get the reading from the OBD2 blue tooth unit.
Or is it the OBD2 sender itself cant read transmission data?

Q/ Has anyone else used the 'Torque Pro' app?
Q/ Has anyone watched the scan gauge Transmission temperature beside the engine coolant temperature to see if they map each other also?

OK maybe i need to set up its own OBD2 PID, any ideas please on how to programme this in 'Torque Pro' app?

OBD2: Vgate icar Pro.
App: Torque Pro
Vehilcle: PB Challenger

UPDATE:
In reading the forum I have found further info as follows....

Go to Torque home screen and click on bottom Left Hand menu, then select settings, then, select Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Now select menu in top right hand corner, then add predefined set, then Chrysler/Dodge, then Transmission Fluid Temp (GM Method 1). Now a screen will come up options for: Trans.FI.Tmp and select Edit, now edit it. Change the fields first line is the heading and under it is what to change it to
OBD2 mode and PID(in HEX..... to

Short name (used in Display) to
Trans Temp

Minimum Value (typically 0) to
Maximum Value to
200.0 (could be lower for transmission temperature I would think?)

Scale Factor to
x1

Unit factor to
C

Equation (eg A+B+20- or [0d]+10=A or even just [0d] to
f-50 (changed to f-40 for challenger vs pajero)
OBD Header to use (leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) to
TCM

This now appears to be working in the Torque pro app.... not sure if this is 100% correct but now reading ATF at 57C vs coolant at 77C
SO much happer

Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 03-03-20 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Information found to resolve issue
Old 03-03-20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
This now appears to be working in the Torque pro app.... not sure if this is 100% correct but now reading ATF at 57C vs coolant at 77C
SO much happer
Yes on the PB Challenger there can be a difference in the ATF and the engine coolant temperatures this is normal.

But your temperatures do not look correct, are the offsets correct?
Coolant temperature shold be around 85C to 90C and under normal city driving conditions with Auto Mate I see 60C to 75C ATF temperatures.
First thing in the morning before you start the engine, the Outside Air Temperature, Engine Coolant and ATF temperatures should all be the same.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 05-03-20

Thumbs up

OJ,
I have programmed the above into the 'Torque Pro' app, as found in the forums.
I'm now get 65C into town and 80C degrees going home (uphill) for transmission temperatures. Very happy with this.

I'm now looking to find the PID parameters for engine coolant temp as I don't trust the 'Torque Pro' default profiles.
(But.... the engine coolant is boiling/ gurgling into the over flow when I turn off the engine/ looking for ideas https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...d=1#post627969 )

PS: I hope to install the 'Automate' this weekend then monitor the change in ATF temperatures.

Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 05-03-20 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-03-20
Valued Member

As OJ said make sure all the temperatures are all about the same after the car has been cold soaked for quite a number of hours (like overnight) to know that you can trust that the torque pro app is displaying the right temperatures.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150